Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Hmm, it's a hard one. White has been done, but that's probably the only colour that will make them stand out.
You could try silver for the Sang Guard but they might end up looking like Grey Knights. What about metallic red? I haven't seen metallic space marines for quite some time.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
The way i have done it in the past is to base coat the mini in Boltgun Metal, layer on some watered down red wash and then dry brush with mithril silver. Looked pretty good.
I use a similar technique, but with purple ink/wash on the the lightening claws of my wolves.

let us know how it turns out.

Rev

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Well i use two methods depending on how big a character they are or how lazy i am :)

Lazy:
paint boltgun metal, wash with badab black, wash with purple ink or wash (i still have some of the old inks which i prefer on this occasion), then dry brush mithril silver. Quick and easy

Wolf Lord/Character:
Undercoat black, use many many thin layers of Liche purple, fading from purple at the tip to black at the base of the claw, then a final highlight of 50/50 tentacle pink/liche purple along the edges. sometimes i wash over this with watered down purple wash to blend the highlight in a bit. Takes a while but looks good (i think anyway)

My Spacewolves are mainly grey and red so i use purple on any power weapons/claws/frost blades just to make them stand out a bit. Could look good on your Flesh Tearers too?

Hope that helps

Rev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts