Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't like speeders because I am not putting any more money into this army and my rolls do not guarantee the mm will do anything. The idea of the Terminators is to be to get them into the position they will be most needed (hence being able to turbo charge and the firepower of the stormraven brings plenty of weight around to be able to dish out the punishment. The Land Raider simply is another distraction that the enemy has to take of. If not... Same idea with the Stormraven, etc...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay another game tonight and I got... tabled.... Again... So yeah... another last minute revision of the list and will be going to the rogue trader with this list and we shall see how it goes... So here it is the last revision and hopefully a winner!

HQ
The Sanguinor "Exemplar of The Host"
Gabriel Seth

Elites
2 Sanguinary Priests w/ power weapons
5 Assault Marines w/ lightning claws
Furioso Dreadnaught w/ extra armor, heavy flamer

Troops
3x10 Assault Marines, 2 meltaguns, powerfist, rhino
10 Assault marines, 2 meltaguns, power weapon, infernus pistol, land raider redeemer w/ extra armor, multi-melta

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ twin-linked assault cannons, heavy bolter sponsons, dozer blade

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/ twin-linked assault cannons, multi-melta, extra armor

Points Total: 2500
Model Total: 56

·
Registered
341 Posts
i would consider another baal pred in place of the sanguinor, youve got like 500+ on hq (if i remember correctly) and i would splash out with the remaining points.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rogue trader... First Opponent Eldar, two seer councils of 10 Warlocks each in wave serpent's, Eldrad and another Farseer, two fire Prisms, two squads of 8 pathfinders, 6 Dire Avengers in wave serpent, Howling Banshee's in wave serpent. Second Opponent Eldar with Farseer and seer council of 4 Warlocks, Avatar, 9 Fire Dragons in Wave Serpent, Falcon with 6 Howling Banshee's, three 11 man Guardian sqauds w/ scatter laser, starcannon, bright lance and each with a warlock with conceal, 5 Dark Reapers, 5 Warp Spiders, another falcon, 5 Guardian Jetbikes, 5 Swooping Hawks. Third Opponent Orks with Ghazghkull, Weirdboy (special character with the snakes,etc), 12 boys with a trukk, 30 boyz on foot, 8 meganobz in battlewagon w/ deff rolla, 3 squads of killa kanz, 12 Stormboyz, 2 squads of 5 bikes. Results... close lose, lost, and nearly tabled... Really frustrated...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts