Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. It's almost 3am and I'm awake, so I figure I'll post up the list I'm thinking of using for this Wednesday's league. The event is narrative-based so in a departure from my usual desire to make the most killer list I can I'm looking for something a bit more relaxed hence the lack of too many duplicate units and so on.

HQ

Captain of the Flesh Tearers 3rd Company (counts-as Captain Tycho)
Pts: 175

TROOPS

Tactical Squad
Sergeant: Bolter; power fist
9 Tactical Marines: 1 meltagun; 1 plasma cannon; 7 bolters; 9 bolt pistols
Rhino: Extra armor
Pts: 270

Assault Squad
Sergeant: Infernus pistol; power fist
7 Assault Marines: 1 meltagun; 6 bolt pistols and close combat weapons
Rhino: Extra armor; searchlight
Pts: 235

Assault Squad
Sergeant: Infernus pistol; power fist
7 Assault Marines: 1 meltagun; 6 bolt pistols and close combat weapons
Rhino: Extra armor; searchlight
Pts: 235

ELITES

Sanguinary Priests
Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol; power weapon
Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol; power weapon
Pts: 130

FAST ATTACK

Attack Bike Squadron
2 Attack Bikes: Twin-linked bolters; 2 multi-meltas
Pts: 100

Land Speeder Squadron
1 Land Speeder: Heavy bolter; assault cannon
Pts: 90

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator
Autocannon turret; lascannon sponsons
Pts: 135

Dreadnought
Assault cannon; extra armor
Pts: 130

Total: 1,500/1,500

The mission will involve capturing a random number of Loot counters (between four and six) and will have Dawn of War deployment. There's a mission special rule allowing a unit to "use" one of the loot counters once per turn resulting in a random effect (either making the unit's guns twin-linked or granting the unit Feel No Pain) which lasts until the beginning of the unit's next turn. Basically my plan is to hold onto one of my objectives without question by parking the Tactical Squad on/near it and making a push for the others with the Assault Squads, Dreadnought, Attack Bikes and Land Speeder. I'm hoping that I can take some of my opponent's objectives and "use" the ones that I can't wrestle away from him to deny him their use.

Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looks mobile, lots of special weapons, plus a good number of scoring units. Looks good to me! Like you said, not the most hardcore killing list, but should be good at capturing objectives. :victory:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Since its a "fun" list why not run Seth, he rarely sees the battlefield in competitive lists. He would add a little fun to your list since they are Flesh Tearers. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Overall looks beautiful Katie, depending on how many points it is, consider dropping one of those infernus pistols to get the dred a plasmacannon? I don't know why, but I've found them to be doing pretty well for me recently.

Maybe also keep up the diversity of squads and swap one assault squads options for more anti-infantry ones, like flamer, power weapon, and meltabombs of the melta and fist.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since its a "fun" list why not run Seth, he rarely sees the battlefield in competitive lists. He would add a little fun to your list since they are Flesh Tearers. Just a thought.
Because Seth doesn't grace the battlefield in games less than 1,750 points. He's a busy guy you know. He can't hold my army's hand for every little thing. :p

Overall looks beautiful Katie, depending on how many points it is, consider dropping one of those infernus pistols to get the dred a plasmacannon? I don't know why, but I've found them to be doing pretty well for me recently.

Maybe also keep up the diversity of squads and swap one assault squads options for more anti-infantry ones, like flamer, power weapon, and meltabombs of the melta and fist.
I would but I don't own a plasma cannon arm for my Dreadnought (still haven't bought the new Venerable Dread kit). As for the Assault Squads, I could do that. Just not sure what I'd do with the extra points... hm.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice point but when your FT Marines starting killing the locals don't say i didn't warn you :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts