Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys worth bringing in a 1500 point game? i just restatred my orks and have a coulpe of spare nobs i was going to convert. I was thinking a unit of 7 plus a pain boy with more dakka so they have a better chance of hitting something and the pain boy for keeping them alive a little longer (hopefully to get the points out of them). Also should i put them in a truck or not?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
It really depends on the make up of the rest of army. They work best in a foot slooger army where they can blend in with other troops. Thier big disadvantage is they do cost a lot of points, they take up and heavy slot and the random gun AP makes they like most ork stuff unreliable.
For a fun game yes take them they can be really destructive at times and can do a number on marines. For a more serious game I think I would leave them at home because the orks BS 2 and only 7 guys is not going to give you many hits. They are great to convert and build your own custom gitz that is for sure.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Flash Gitz don't really work in...well, just about any army. I can't think of a situation where I'd use the heavy support slot on Flash Gitz rather than Killa Kans w/kmbs or Big Gunz Kannons.

The only time I use flash gitz is in apocalypse, where I can freely give them a transport without using up a second heavy support slot, and I have the points to spare.

When I do use Flash Gitz, I field 5 with more dakka, shootier, 3 ammo runts, Kaptin Badrukk, and a transport. I'd skip the painboy, as it's overkill.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like to use flash gitz in my crazy foot slooger shooty army. Shoota boyz, lootaz, Boss Snikrot with kommandos, big guns, big mek with a KFf and Old Zog wart with the flash gitz and Kaptin BadRukk.
It is mainly a fun list that throws out a ton of dakka and the wild unpredictable nature of Old Zogwort really makes it a fun army to play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts