Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Flaming chariot in the deamon codex actually can shoot things (finally), have any one tried it?

On paper it looks too squisy, but who knows?

its some really nasty guns.

Also, i see very few skull cannons around in the lists.
again they look good on paper.

whats wrong with them? too expensive, perhaps?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I'd like to try out Skull Cannons in 40k. I bought 2 to use in my WFB army, but in a Khorne-themed list I can see them being decent. They have pretty low armor values, which is why we probably don't see/use them that often. Although, 12/12/10 isn't that horrible. Better than a Rhino, at least.

*edit*

Oops, you said Burning Chariot! Man, my reading... not good.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I've made a few melee lists with blocks of daemonettes or the like that benefit from the skull cannon, but often find that the Soul Grinder is so much tougher--and has an AP3 gun, to boot--for only a marginally higher points cost, that can fill a bunch more battlefield roles. Still, striking at initiative when charging, say, plague marines in cover with a fragile-as-hell alpha strike unit like Daemonettes is pretty important...

I will be reassembling my kitbashed Flaming Chariot now, though, yeah. Give it some invuln buffs in game, perhaps, to counterbalance its fragility... who knows. Maybe it's not super-competitive--dunno yet, at this point--but it looks like great fun to use. And especially with the Heldrake nerfs of the 7e FAQs, I can see the AP3 torrent Chariot flamer filling a similar role--with an added serious anti-tank weapon option, to boot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts