Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
have you pinned and glued the arms on?

you need to do this to metal models. Pin everything this makes the glue bond stronger so they don't pop off as easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive tried the greenstuffing and gluing and that fell off. I gave the pinning a go but not gonna lie I'm absolutely rubbish with the drill with the small fiddly bits and made a complete mess of things and got p!ssed off with it, which kinda ruins the hobby, hence me asking if anyone knows any good plastic models I could convert....

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Some times i wonder how some people would have handled the hobby 15 years ago when everything was metal, pinning an arm on was like sticking a model to a base, just something you did, now assembling a wraithlord meant taking a week off work and employing a priest.
If you cant pin and glue then i would go for the new horrors or do some for of plastic kit bash and make your own deamons out of the various kits.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some times i wonder how some people would have handled the hobby 15 years ago when everything was metal, pinning an arm on was like sticking a model to a base, just something you did, now assembling a wraithlord meant taking a week off work and employing a priest.
If you cant pin and glue then i would go for the new horrors or do some for of plastic kit bash and make your own deamons out of the various kits.

no need for such a shirty reply, I'm only recent to the hobby and find plastic much much easier to put together. As I have very little time to put things together and even paint I have simply requested some help on this forum. But it seems instead people are more interested in flaming (see what I did there ;) )

·
Registered
47 Posts
ahh don`t worry about comments like that.. some people forget how it was being new to this hobby, i remember having the same sort of problems when i 1st started many moons ago.. i wish you luck in honing your skills and can`t wait to see you post some pics of your work up :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
This may be a silly question but are you using a pin vice/mini drill?
Trying to drill a tiny hole into a mini can be a pig of a job if you're using the wrong tool, if you haven't already got one get a pin vice, they're not expensive (if you shop anywhere other than GW) and are easy to use when you get the hang of them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Kit-bashing using ghouls, flagellants, horrors and such can be of use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts