Baal Predator, Heavy Flamer Sponsons, Flamestorm Cannon

Vindicator, Dozer Blade

Grey Knights

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Incinerator

10 Purifiers, 5 Halberds, 4 Incinerators, Rhino

5 Terminators, 2 Halberds, 3 Daemon Hammers, 1 Incinerator

Landraider Redeemer, Psyflame Ammo, Psybolt ammo

Tactics:

I ignore my objectives largely, hold the BA troops, Libby and SP in reserve, rush my tin boxes forward (Inquisitor rides in the Redeemer), flame stuff, second turn probably lose my rhino, some BA tanks, drop in the assault squads and assault with the termies, flame stuff, third turn assault with the ASM.

I expect to see heavy losses with this list, but expect my opponent to see heavy losses as well. My ultimate plan is to deny my opponent their ability to engage in their preplanned strategy going into the match by early heavy troop losses, thereby hopefully allowing me to pull out a win.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
How do you deal with tanks mate? If it's a tourney you'll be seeing all types of lists. At least one will probably be mech or biomech. The idea of the list is flawed for tourney play in that it isn't truly balanced, it relies far too much on the enemy being bio, preferably guard orks or some equally squishy foe. Against MEQ? You might win. Against GEQ? You will annihilate. Against TEQ? You might do well, but then again their guys will basically ignore your flamers. Against tanks walkers and most importantly fliers, you will be hardpressed to survive let alone cripple their forces early on.

Sorry I can't write more, I have an essay to write. I'll be back though

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Dont bother with Plasma Pistols. Not worth it. Especially if your Libby has Blood Lance.

I know you're going for a theme, but I'm gonna go with Jamob here. You need some Melta or something to deal with larger threats. I might drop the Purifiers and try to bulk out the GKTs to 10 man, add on Psybolts and use a pair of Psycannons, instead of the Incinerators. Still wont solve everything, but it'll help. Lasplasma Razorbacks would be an idea as well.

I've also personally never been a fan of a Vindi, because they're just too short range, especially for an assault army. You'll be mixing it up because of your own weapon ranges... and then dumping pie plates in close? I'd rather see a Lascannon Predator or even an assault cannon Baal.

·
Registered
936 Posts
As has been said, add something more for anti armor. The vindi tank will do in a pinch (And I for one swear by a vindi or two). Give the assault marines a pair of meltas each. I know that kinda kills the theme but templates wont do much unless we are talking doom sirens or stronger. As Xaber said, drop the plasma pistols, your priest isnt meant to be up close and your librarian should never fire his pistol over his psychic power. Long range firepower couldnt hurt either, maybe a typhoon, vindicator assassian or even a predator

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the more I think of it my blood angels aren't ready to see the table the way I want to play them, I think I'll run Draigowing for the 8th instead, just because it's fun and I've got the army.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Draigowing supported by Psyfilemen Dreads might be pretty impressive. I'm tempted to look at that myself, honestly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted the list over in the GK section, for off topicness sake I have it on my clipboard so I can just press these two buttons and :

Lord Kaldor Draigo 275

GK Librarian w/Warding Stave and Divination 185

10x Paladins w/ 2 Hammers, 7 Halberds, Banner, 4 Psycannons 665

5x Paladins w/ 3 Hammers, 2 Halberds, 2 MC Psycannons 325

Landraider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta, Psybolt ammo, Psyflame Ammo 275

Dreadnought w 2 twin linked autocannons and psybolt ammo 135

boom. I'd like to get two Dreads in but I really want to run the redeemer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts