Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my cat knocked my laptop off of my desk and the power adaptor port has come lose. After I skin my cat and dedicate his skin to the omnisaha. kidding I think I'm wondering if I can use green stuff or super glue to fix it,the port still works but my adaptor can't reach it.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
How has it come loose? Plastic casing snapped around the jack?

It sounds like it should be easy enough to glue back together but i'm having difficulty picturing it.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How has it come loose? Plastic casing snapped around the jack?

It sounds like it should be easy enough to glue back together but i'm having difficulty picturing it.
The part connecting the face of the part to the base"s side has snapped in 3. There is a housing on two sides

sps
bbb

Side
Base
P=adaptor part

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The part connecting the face of the part to the base"s side has snapped in 3. There is a housing on two sides

sps
bbb

Side
Base
P=adaptor part
I'm possibly more confused than before now :shok: picture?

If you know it works and it's just a case of putting it back where it should be, i can't see any reason why you can't glue it.

If the part could be replaced and your confident taking it apart, then replacing the part would be the better option in the long run though.

Laptops are a pain in the ass to take apart, but it's usually just time consuming rather than difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts