Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys this is my first ever 6th ed fantasy army list for WoC what do you think ?

+ Heroes + (135pts)
* Chaos Sorcerer (135pts)
Level 2 , Lore of Fire, On foot
Channelling Staff
+ Core + (608pts)
* Chaos Marauders (100pts)
Marauder Chieftain Musician Standard Bearer, 20x Chaos Marauder
* Chaos Warhounds (48pts)
8x Chaos Warhound
* Chaos Warriors (460pts)
Champion , Musician, Standard Bearer, Mark of Nurgle
* 25x Chaos Warrior Shields

·
Registered
483 Posts
6th Edition?!?!? :shok:

If you are referring to 6th Ed, it'd be hard to say since 8th has been out for just over 3 years now. Army books have changed quite a bit and along w/ that point values of models. I can tell you that your unit of warriors in the current book is only 455pts & the sorc, w/ staff, is 160.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doh meant 8th :D ive not manged to get the latest army book but i was using battle scribe

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ah-HA! :p

Yeah, you'll want the book or check to see if there's a Battle Scribe update for WoC. Whatever point values you're using are off a bit.

As far as the general idea of the army:
1) 8 hounds is a weird amount. 2 units of 5 would be better. I generally run 2-3 units of 5 or 6 w/ 3 in front to save on space in the deployment zone. Give them Vanguard if you're worried about warmachines.
2) If you really want the marauders, drop the warriors to 18-20 and use the remaining points on the marauders. They die in droves to a fart. They'd probably be better w/ flails for a little hitting power.
3) Champions aren't really worth the points for +1A. Just have one in the unit your sorc is in so they can issue & accept challenges in place of the sorc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont want the maruders i was looking at justhaving the bodies to be speed bumps tbh and good thinking about the champs

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
even better tips thx dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts