Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend and I have just begun to play objective games sometimes, so I thought this would be a good time to whip out Fabius Bile, since even Enhanced Warriors are cheaper than all the Cultist Marine options.

So, here's what I've come up with for a 2500 game.

HQ:
-Fabius Bile
-Daemon Prince (Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Gift of Chaos, Bolt of Change)

Troops:
-Chaos Space Marines x9 (Enhanced Warriors, Icon of Tzeentch, Meltaguns x2, Champion, Power Fist)
*Rhino (Daemonic Possession, Havoc Launcher)
*Joined by Fabius Bile
-Chaos Space Marines x10 (Enhanced Warriors, Icon of Tzeentch, Meltaguns x2, Champion, Power Fist)
-Chaos Space Marines x10 (Enhanced Warriors, Icon of Tzeentch, Meltaguns x2, Champion, Power Fist)
-Lesser Daemons x11
-Lesser Daemons x11

Heavy Support:
-Predator (Lascannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons)
-Defiler (Full CC upgrades)
-Defiler (Full CC upgrades)

C&C is more than welcome, but a few notes to keep in mind:
*I have those Lesser Daemons in there instead of more Marines because I ran out of CSM models, but also have a Daemons army I can dip into. I might even need to proxy some of my Cultist units, but I'll count my actual models later. Hopefully that won't be necessary. Basically the only things I have that aren't included in this are my Cultist units (20 Noise and 10 Berserkers, I use my normal CSMs as Plague Marines most of the time,) 10 Terminators, 30 Possessed, 3 Obliterators, a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor, 4 Lascannon Havocs, 2 Missile Launcher Havocs, 2 Heavy Bolter Havocs and my other Daemon Prince, not including anything in my Daemons army that can be used by CSM.
*This list includes every CSM vehicle I own (although sometimes my friends will let me proxy my Soul Grinder from my Daemons army as a third Defiler when I'm up against horde armies.) I was just starting to save up for a couple Land Raiders right as I lost my job. :(

While I know that limits the flexibility of what can be adjusted, I'm not sure if I'm getting all the right upgrades and such, or if I have too many, etc.

EDIT: Kept forgetting about some of the models I own that I don't use as often

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I'd use the lesser daemons as a last resort. Perhaps you'd be better off using a fully equiped unit of bezerkers or plague marines.

I also believe you are making your rhinos too expensive. I would worry more about numbers than having hardcore rhinos. As far as things go, I'd just put extra armor.

I do not recommend the tzteentch mark, its too expensive, and your only getting a 5 up invulnerable save from it. Competitive wise, I think your better off using the mark of slaanesh. Not only will they have the plus one strength in their profile but they will be initiative 5. So basically they are bezerkers without the 5 WS and don't have to charge.

Lastly, I'd change the olbiterators for that predator. They will be able to get more shots off than your predator. i wouldn't use a vehichal heavy unless i put daemonic possession on it.

Hope everything goes well. :victory:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You've got a good point about the mark, I was only using the tzeentch one to protect from power weapons/fists and the like... but now that I'm thinking about it I can definitely see your point about the slaanesh mark.

The rhinos have so many upgrades because I was running out of models. My friends and I usually do 2500 so I'm planning the list for that, but if I start shaving it down for lower point games those rhino upgrades will be the first thing to go.

In theory I completely agree with your point about Obliterators. In practice, the Dice Gods hate me. Every time I roll for saves on Obliterators or Terminators, whether I'm rolling 1 save or 30, I always get that at least one roll of 1. Every. Single. Time. I've been playing this army for several months, and this has yet to not be the case. Anything with a 3+ save can sometimes go the whole game without losing a single thing, but anything with a 2+ will lose one model per IG squad picking at it with lasguns.

Thus, I have temporarily shelved my Terminators and Obliterators, and shoved them in the corner of their box in Time Out while they think about what they've done.

So, until they decide to start behaving, I think I'll use the saved points from changing the Mark on the Marines to put Daemonic Possession on the Predator.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Thus, I have temporarily shelved my Terminators and Obliterators, and shoved them in the corner of their box in Time Out while they think about what they've done.

So, until they decide to start behaving, I think I'll use the saved points from changing the Mark on the Marines to put Daemonic Possession on the Predator.
haha. yeah dude, i understand. Just as long as you have that daemonic possession it should be okay. mark of slaanesh is going to make your army a bit hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts