Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
So returning to 40k after over a decade and decided to paint some thousand sons.
This is what ive got so far, they all have slight variations in how they were painted till i find one im happy with.

The middle one is by no means complete

Any opinions and critics would be greatly appreciated

Jenbuu

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
So for a start they look good. Totally fieldable.
But going that next step, like it sounds like you want to, would come from washes. Judicious use of a brown wash, Earthshade or Sepia, in the crevaces would make the colors stand out. Along with adding depth to the models. The lighting that they are under makes them look like they've got some depth but the use of washes really brings that out.
Also, Games Workshop has a bunch of painting tutorials on YouTube, which are really good.
Here is the one on washes;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for a start they look good. Totally fieldable.
But going that next step, like it sounds like you want to, would come from washes. Judicious use of a brown wash, Earthshade or Sepia, in the crevaces would make the colors stand out. Along with adding depth to the models. The lighting that they are under makes them look like they've got some depth but the use of washes really brings that out.
Also, Games Workshop has a bunch of painting tutorials on YouTube, which are really good.
Here is the one on washes; https://youtu.be/tUQsiv41Enw
yer these do have washes on them, been trying different ones, got agrax, seraphim and reikland fleshshade.

I need to base coat some of the models i didnt coat, as i think the basecoat is a little thick in places and i loose some of that definition.

·
Registered
633 Posts
yer these do have washes on them, been trying different ones, got agrax, seraphim and reikland fleshshade.

I need to base coat some of the models i didnt coat, as i think the basecoat is a little thick in places and i loose some of that definition.
Ah, hard to tell with the picture.

Little bit of water with the basecoat makes all the difference. Though it is more an art than a science.
Keep it up, otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts