Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i've got about 2100 pts of CSM total and i have listed everything i have. but i also can Convert about 4 rhinos to chaos by next week i just need this trimmed to 1500. And i'll answer any questions you need answered regaurding what exactly i have to spare.

Hq

Kharn

Elites

14 Possessed Marines w/ Aspiring, Icon of Slaanesh

Two 5 man Terminator Squads w/ reaper autocannons, and icon of Khorne on one and icon of Slaanesh on the other

Troops

2 ten man Chaos marines w/ aspiring champion

1 ten man squad of plauge marines w/ rhino, plauge champion, 2 flamers

9 Khorne bezerks in rhino with kharn

Heavy Support

Obliterator Cult 3 man

Vindicator

Predator w TLL and heavy bolter side sponsons

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Sorry I don't have my codex but I'll cut down your list for your basics.

Take out: predator, at least four possessed, take out the terminators, as you don't have the appropriate list to protect and run them.

Add: Daemonic Possession on Vindicator, all rhinos need extra armor, (two ten man units need a good mark, 2 meltas, and rhinos with extra armor).

P.s. i hate kharn personally, if you could get a daemon prince to replace him do it. If you can't.. oh well. anyway luck and welcome to the heresy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly i like Kharn just because of the fluff. but i see your point on the marks and dropping some possesed and the pred but my termi's will deep

strike off the icon that Kharn has in the rhino and i don't have to tell my oppenent which one my Hq is in. I know they can't assault but if i drop

they're marks and add Combi melta's Anti tank and squad killers with PW and ofcourse my heavy flamers if i add them.

What abput a generic sorcerer? or one in termi armor?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so that was about 300 pts still need more.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ok, make the 'Zerkers into a Squad of 8, the Plague marines in a squad of 7;

I think you'd be better off dropping either the Zerkers or the Plague Marines; 4 troops is too many for 1,500.

With Heavy Supports, you'd be better off with 2 Vindicators, opposed to A vindi and a Pred, that or a Pred with more Oblits.

Drop the possessed, I'm not a hater with them, i'm an enforcer, But keep them out of 1,500.

Drop one squad of Terminators. (I want 2 squads, but £27 is like nooo) X]

- These are just some ways of dropping lots of points

Sorry i can't be much help, Gotta dash to college.

Happy warring!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Sacred numbers bug me... They're such a restriction... But i honestly can't deal without them... I am really reluctant to play my Khorne in anything other than an 8.. Else i literally feel like the models will be annoyed..

It's insane... But also makes me laugh at myself.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Keeping as close as I can to your original idea, here's the best 1,500-pointer I can come up with:

HQ
• Khârn the Betrayer

165 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory; heavy flamer and powerfist; 4 combi-meltas
195 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 flamers; Rhino
245 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with combi-melta and powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
266 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession
145 points

TOTAL:
1,499 points

And upping it to 2,000 points, using as much as I can from what you've already listed:

HQ
• Khârn the Betrayer

165 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory; Reaper autocannon and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas
220 points
• 5 Terminators - Icon of Chaos Glory; heavy flamer and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas
200 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 flamers; Rhino
245 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with combi-melta and powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
266 points
• 10 Lesser Daemons
130 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
145 points
145 points

TOTAL:
1,999 points

hth

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Svartmetall thats about what i had on paper but i dropped 2 rhino's and made my termi's TC's for fifty and am probably going to buy a DP right now as i'm looking at the case and i'm looking at it and typhus maybe it and Lucius

·
Registered
594 Posts
If its a choice between Typhus and Lucius, go Typhus every day of the week. Since you already have Kharn, Lucius will be redundant at best unless you overhaul the entire list to Slaanesh. Typhus may be point-heavy, but he's up to his eyeballs in special rules.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought both and the demon prince is a PITA to glue.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Based on sheer points alone, Typhus is clearly better.

Plus everything slaanesh is lame :D So seeing as Khârn isn't there, I spose Typhus is cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts