5man
sniper rifles
missile launcher
Sergent Telion

Vincdicator 125
Siege Shield

Predator 85
Heavy bolter side sponsons

I was wondering with the Dreadnought with the heavy flamers cause of He'stan would that make him have 2 twinlinked heavy flamers? and would he be able to fire both at the same time? the idea is to drop in the cc dread close while the other dreadnought acts as a tank hunter .The vindicator and predator are in just to fill exactly to 1500 points. This is my first true army list so c and c welcome :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
For a 1500 point list, I'd say 420 points is a bit too much to spend on HQs. If you want a salamander theme, keep he'stan and lose tigurius. I personally dont like non-podding dreadnoughts since they are expensive and are quite easy to kill. A lone drop podding dread wouldnt make much of a dent before it was blown to pieces. I would drop them and buy 2 rhinos and some MM/HF land speeders to make use of he'stan's abilities. What will he'stan be doing specifically? If you're only bringing him for a single special rule then it would probably be more worthwile to get a cheaper HQ or build the army to complement his CC abilities as well, maybe a redeemer and some TH/SS termies to beat the crap out of anything particularly nasty-looking.

Hope this helps:eek:k:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah, lose the expensive Librarian.

Dreads can't get Heavy Flamers on their gun arm IIRC.

Your Tactical Squads need Rhinos, walk both Dreads (TLLC/ML is too pricey, go for dual TL autocannon or MM/HF, no extra armor) and add MM/HF Speeders.

Termies in a LR would help make the most of Vulkan, but they'd be quite pricey.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@ chumb They can, but as the hf arm comes TL'd, you lose out on vulkan.

@ben Go for aobr standard, mm/hf, drop the EA, and drop the hellfire down too. Lose Tiggy, pick up 5 stern, hf/mm 3 combimelta in a rhino, use leftover points to get rhinos for the other tacs. Keep the fists if you want, but change that ML to a MM.

5 tanks and a dread march up while the enemy deals with a podded MM / angry dread in his lines. TL Everything is where it's at with vulkan. His pimp ride with the stern can pop out 2 HF's from the top or a MM + Combimelta for AT.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Forgefarther Vulkan He’stan - 190

Chief Librarian Tigurius - 230 Drop him, if you want a lib go for a cheaper one, but not needed. I would go with a stern guard and a razorback or rhino. Use combi weapons only. You do not want to give up any special ammo slots. take 5 with Vulkan, 2 combi flamers, 2 combi meltas, and a PF

Dreadnought- 165
extra armour
Twin-linked heavy flamer
DCCW with heavy flamer
drop pod make him and Ironclad with the hammer and ccw, melta and hf. That way he can deal with what ever group you drop him into.

Dreadnought- 160
Twin-linked lascannon
missile launcher
extra armour I would say a pred with TL Las and HB would be better.

Tac Squad 215
10 man
flamer
multi-meta
powerfist need a rhino. I would drop the pf if you need the points to get it

Tac Squad 215
10 man
flamer
missile launcher
powerfist as above

Scout Squad 135
5man
sniper rifles
missile launcher
Sergent Telion

Vincdicator 125
Siege Shield

Predator 85

those are my quick 2 cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
okay guys iv looked over what u all said and came up with a new list. the reason for 7 scouts was cause i had a spare30 points and didnt no what to use them on.

Stenguard Squad 210
2 combi meltas
2 combi flamer
Powerfist
razorback ( He'stan would travel with the stenguard squad)

Tac Squad 205
10 man
flamer
multi-meta
rhino

Tac Squad 205
10 man
flamer
multi-meta
rhino

Scout Squad 151
7man
sniper rifles
Sergent Telion

Land Speeder Squadron 180
heavyflamer multi meta

Vincdicator 125
Siege Shield

Predator 130
Twin-linked lascannon

does this list sound better for a 1500 salamnder themed army?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Love him loads, TL stuff is loads of fun, not for the opponent, but...

Stenguard Squad 210
2 combi meltas
2 combi flamer
Powerfist
razorback ( He'stan would travel with the stenguard squad)
Make this a rhino, then you can tl hf, mg, flamer from the top when needed, or else to fire they need to get out, which leaves them open to getting shot.

Tac Squad 205
10 man
flamer
multi-meta
rhino
I would personally take the ml, over the mm, you probably will not get a shot off againest a tank with this, as no one should leave his tank 12" from it, and as they have to stay still to shot it, get within range, other tank leaves, etc etc. I would try to squeeze in a mg if you could? either way mg, or combi-mg. for the cheaky shot. Would like to see a power weapon or fist, but thats personal choice, if your attacked by a mc, walker, or toughness model, a pf really helps, means you don't get tar pitted by something you can't wound

Tac Squad 205
10 man
flamer
multi-meta
rhino
See above

Scout Squad 151
7man
sniper rifles
Sergent Telion
If you are set on telion, I would drop 2 snipers, gain cloaks, and a hb, works out you save a point, this way your cover save is better, and believe me they need it, also you now can gain the hellfire shell, small blast, 2+ to wound is fun on rubbish save models

heavyflamer multi meta
Make these independant, this way then they shoot at you they have to target 3 units, not 1 unit of three, also they can zip off on their own to contest objectives when needed. Good load out mm/hf, with vulkan can't fail.

Vincdicator 125
Siege Shield
Drop the shield to a dozer, you have to be quite unlucky to roll a 1 twice in a row

Predator 130
Twin-linked lascannon
Its the way they say to do it on here, so good guns, I use two vindi's, but thats because I brought 3 at once, s10, ap2, large blast, ordenance is very scary, so they get targeted first, leaving everything else untouched

does this list sound better for a 1500 salamnder themed army?
My 2 cent anyway

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wouldn't go for the TLLC/HB Predator. LC and HBs have totally different targets, making half of the tank useless whenever you fire. AC/HB is much cheaper and much closer, as is the AC/LC combo. Knock out light armor and it's handy.

Vindicators I'm not a huge fan of, mostly due to the prevalence of cover rendering its blast much less potent and how easy it'll be to pop it since it has to get close quickly and expose that side armor.

Vulkan loves the TH/SS Termies. A unit of them in a LRR would be pricey, but oh so smashy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Stenguard Squad 210
2 combi meltas
3 combi flamer
Powerfist
rhino

He’stan travels with the 5 stengaurd rhino for the 2 firing points thanks to grim reaper

Tac Squad 230
10 man
flamer
Missile Launcher
Power Weapon
Combie-Melta
Rhino

Tac Squad 230
10 man
flamer
Missile Launcher
Power Weapon
Combi-Melta
rhino

Scout Squad 150
5man
sniper rifles
Heavy Bolter
Cloaks
Sergent Telion

heavyflamer multi meta

Each as a single model

Vincdicator 120
Dozer blades

Vindicator 120
Dozer blades

is combi melta and power weapon usefull for sergents? or should i give them melta bombs instead of the combi melta? with this list revised i have 70 points under 1500 should i spend this on 2 more stengaurds with combis? thanks for all the help guys :) should i drop 1 vindicator for 5 termis 3 th ss and 2 lc?

·
Registered
277 Posts
heavyflamer multi meta

Each as a single model
Its 210pts, not 180pts

As for the combi-melta in the tac squads, I personally would swap the flamer, for a melta, and the combi-melta, for a combi-flamer. A flamer, is mainly for use just before you charge in, so mostly that unit will only every charge in once, possibly twice a game, but melta can be fired afew times, either at tanks, from the rhino hatch, or again from rhino at units you don't want to charge that turn. So a one shot flamer is of more use than a 1 shot melta, in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the list looks really good at this point. I agree with Grim on the combi weapons for the tac squad. You could take the extra points and go with PF in the tac squads. I would not take Termies unless you have a LR to transport them.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Combi-melta + flamer vs combi-flamer + melta is a matter of preference. I go for MM/F/CM typically since my Tacticals tend to stay in their rides and sit at midfield while the more aggressive units dive in (Termies, Dreads, Sternguard, etc).

Losing the power weapons and Telion could save you a good chunk of points that you can use to pick up more Sternguard. They're decent enough, PW and Telion that is, but you can spend your points better elsewhere.

You could do with a little extra armor cracking, just to help get baddies out of their rides so you can drop pies/flamers on them. Dreads with dual TL Autocannons and AC/HB Preds are great for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts