Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About to go and play my first game 3 years, but its been 12 years since i played SM, so here goes on the quick list i drew up before work.

HQ
Lysander

Troop 1
10x SM with Melta and Plasma cannon

Troop 2
10x SM with Melta and Plasma cannon

Heavy
5 dev with 2x ML and 2xLC

Assualt
10x ASM with 1 plasma pistol, 2 PW, 2 PF and 2 Shields

Elite
5x assualt terminators (2xTH and 3xLC)

Landraider Crusader - used for transport of lysander and Terminators

This will be used against a random army

note that i do have a both Predators avalable and a selction of dreads also 3 attack bikes (MM) and lots of other marines or HQ i could use

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ASM = Assault Space Marine

yeah i could use it as a standard LR, its just ive only got crusaders :p so ill have to let them know what im playing as.

I suppose me useing only 1 LR comes from my GK days, never did lose that LR in combat.
But i cant argue with giving them 1 target of concentration as i have quite a bit of Long range kit to hit them back with while there paying to much attention else where.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i like your ideas.
the ASM are standard marines

Ive chosen a list like this because at the last minute i can make changes respective of my opposition, i.e change the LR between types or switch the Dev for another troop or switch the ML for HB with out having to recalculate at the last moment to much.

For the troop idea, yeah that would make sense to switch one to more anti infantry
There is a mix, there are lots of Ork/IG players but there a few necron and tau players to.

I was going to use lysander to work along with the termies would i be up against Mech units to get in close, should i be up against lots of infantry i would ether switch the termies to standard or move lysander with the troops. I have some sternguard but there still on the sprues lol

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, hmm may be ill have to have a quick read again of the book.. i may of miss read it in the rush this morning :blush:

If so then ill split them into 2 squads lol, or replace the whole squad with 2 dreads

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lol, wow lots of feedback to use next time :)

I ended up playing in a 2v2 match Me and IG Vs Space wolfs and Black Temp.

It was a 1000 pts per player battle, i used my temies and IC in the LRC with the 2 troops.

The black temp i was directly facing was all troop and a dread.
The dread was taken out on the first turn by the LRC MM while i moved up.
the troops stayed back to reinforce the IG against the incoming wolfs whom had whirlwind and devisators plus a heavy CC load out.

On the second turn the termies and lysander disimbarked with the LRC providing cover fire taking out the loan combat squad with ML.

The termies ingaged in CC with the Hero and the SM as they had moved up do to special templar rule. They was destroyed by the five terminas with Lightning Claws and lysander.

the black tempar termies moved into close combat with thunder hammers, 4 out of 5 was destroyed in the first round.

The LC moved round to flank the wolfs taking out the wirlwind.

The IG stayed back though out the match firing on the approching wolfs and talking out the dev squad.

By the end of the 3rd turn (game only lasted 3 turns due to time)

I had lost 1 teminator and a hurrican bolter on the LC
the IG had lost a sentinal and 3 hvy weapons.
In total the black tempalars lost all of his SM troops and teminators and dread with only a 5 man GK squad with Deep striked out of range to provide support left on the table.

the space wolfs had lost there entire dev SQ along with the wirlwind, razor back. the vindicator was immobilised and out of range for fire.
His SM had lost around 60% of there marines tring to ingage though the IG heavy bolters and fire from my 2 troop options.

Lol, i was cuffed.. my LRC, termies and Lysander had been responable for the near annhilation of the black temp squad and my troops had caused heavy loses to the wolfs along with the IG.

Its was one hell of a lucky night for the dice on my part :D

Next week ive arranged to go up against 1500pts of Sisters of battle lol, im going to have to figure out a good trrop choice for that one.
Dont know weather to use SM or GK with IG support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.