Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Ive had the amazingingly good luck to get some nicely pro painted deamon models and Ive always wanted to do a deamon army, so I put one together..Ill post it and all feedback is welcome..

HQ
Epididimus - 110
Bloodthirster with Death Strike, Blessing of Blood God- 275

Elite
Flamer x3 with bolt - 135
Bloodcrusher x4 with icon 185

Troops
Plaugebearers x10 with noxious touch - 160
Plaugebearers x10 with noxious touch - 160
Bloodletters x10 - 160
Bloodletters x10 - 160
Pink Horrors x10 with Changeling, bolt of Tzeentch - 185

Heavy
Soulgrinder with tongue - 160

So, Im not 100% sure, but the difference between bloodcrushers and bloodletters, the crushers ride the juggernaughts, originally I was going to go with Skulltaker on a juggernaught and have him ride with them.

Anywho..tear it apart and let me know, and since im new to deamons, please explain why you suggest what changes that you will..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting list, but there are a few changes I would make.

First, Epidemius needs to go. You'll never do enough damage with nurgle units in this list to affect the tally and make a real difference. You would be better served with a Tzeentch Herald on a Chariot with Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, and We Are Legion.

Next, Plaguebearers can be dropped to at most 7. You're really not going to lose them unless you get into combat with whole units of power weapons. Keep them away from Termies and you should be fine. Noxious Touch isn't really needed either as their main purpose will be to contest objectives or hold them for you, not their combat prowess.

Bloodcrushers- You'll want to finish upgrading the unit with the musician and rending attacks, not for the bonuses, but for the wound allocation malarkey.

The rest would need to be tuned to personal preference. I'm not a fan of Death Strike on the Bloodthirster myself as it has never worked out well for me. I'd also tinker with the remaining troop choice numbers, especially the bloodletters. No one lets a unit of power weapon monsters into charge range if they can help it, so they will be on the receiving end of a LOT of shooting.

Other than that, not too shabby a list. Nice and diverse.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas, when I get to my PC with army builder on it, I will start re-tooling the lsit and repost it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so after the feedback, i revised the list a bit, let me know what you think..

HQ
Bloodthirster with Unholy Might, Blessing of Blood God, Instrument of Chaos- 280

Elite
Bloodcrusher x5 with fury, musician, icon - 240

Troops
Plaugebearers x7 -105
Plaugebearers x7 -105
Bloodletters x15 - 240
Bloodletters x15 - 240

Heavy

Ok, so I dropped deathstrike, added unholy might just in case I need that extra point of strength. Bumped the bloodcrushers to 5 and upgraded them fully. Increased the bloodletters to 15 each so they can survive the run to my opponent. I thought of just adding another unit of 10, but that doesnt make them more survivable, just another unit, figured this way they can take a few shots and live thru it.

Thought and suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ok, so after the feedback, i revised the list a bit, let me know what you think..

HQ
Bloodthirster with Unholy Might, Blessing of Blood God, Instrument of Chaos- 280
And you expect your BT to draw a combat when? Instrument is redundant on something this brutal in CC so better drop it.
Elite
They don't need bolt. Makes them too expensive and unfocused. At 35 points each you don't want that.
Bloodcrusher x5 with fury, musician, icon - 240
5 is a bit too much. 4 seems to be a good number.
Troops
Plaugebearers x7 -105
Plaugebearers x7 -105
Excellent!
Bloodletters x15 - 240
Bloodletters x15 - 240
A very reasonable choice. Wonderful.
Making them 2 units of 5 will give you an extra bolt shot and making them better for holding ground/harassing enemy units. If you don't like that, I suggest dropping them instead. Horrors work in numbers and 10 is not enough vs. most armies.
Heavy
Needs more Phlegm.

Ok, so I dropped deathstrike, added unholy might just in case I need that extra point of strength. Bumped the bloodcrushers to 5 and upgraded them fully. Increased the bloodletters to 15 each so they can survive the run to my opponent. I thought of just adding another unit of 10, but that doesnt make them more survivable, just another unit, figured this way they can take a few shots and live thru it.

Thought and suggestions welcome!
Well, that's what I think at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts