Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've had this debate all too many times but Hot-Shot Lasguns, are they affected by FRFSRF order? It states lasguns, but doesnt specify only standard lasguns, which would leave you to believe juiced up lasguns are affected too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No.

lasguns and hotshot lasguns are 2 seperate weapons with 2 seperate profiles, a rule which affects only lasguns does not affect hotshot lasguns any more than it affects lascannons or laspistols.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah right, pity.
Though I dont see why it wouldnt logically. Pistols and cannons yeah, cause you would never have 2 ranks of pistols or lascanons. But if you have 2 ranks of lasguns you could have 2 ranks of Hot-Shots

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
hot shots are too fragile for first rank firing, there already pushed to the limits being quick firing and extra powerful, so there not suited to the heavy continuous fire presented by first rank fire.

I think the FAQ gives the fluff reason

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
unfortunatly no. This applys to alot of armys such as Space Marines with the Sternguard. There Special ammistion can only be used in boltguns and not Storm Bolters dispite both having very simular profiles (assult 2 instead of rapid fire) and the same thing goes for Hell Fire Rounds etc.
There are probbly many more examples but unless it says that wepaon then unfortunatly it doesn't apply.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but thats slightly different since its special bullets, which I would think would be different to different bolters, whilst this is just an order on how to position the squad.

But yeah I understand it doesnt affect them, just that I think its quite silly really.

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Fluff wise, the hot-shot lasgun is modified to be more powerful but in doing so makes it more unreliable and prone to mishaps. This being the case do you really want to push it further than its designed and have it explode on you. These Guardsmen already have enough to deal with as well as having a gun that already back fires. They don't want another.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
plus since stormtroopers are the only ones who use it I don't think there the rank firing kind of guys, there more like swat or special forces, too mobile to stand around making pretty lines and get shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts