Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just started my army a few months ago and am wanting to expand it this Christmas holiday so before i order i just wanted to know whether you guys think it'll be substantial for most games and if i should make some changes.

Asurmen 230

Farseer 165
-Runes of Warding
-Spirit Stones
-Doom
-Fortune
-Guide

Warlocks (5) 207
-Spirit Seer
-Singing Spear (2)
-Conceal
-Destructor (2)
-Enhance

Fire Dragons (6) 131
-Exarch w/ Fire Pike, Tank Hunters

Howling Banshees (6) 123
-Exarch w/ Executioner, War Shout

Wave Serpant 125
-Scatter Laser T/L
-Spirit Stones

Wave Serpant 145
-Bright Lance T/L
-Spirit Stones

Dire Avengers (10) 162
-Exarch w/ Power Weapon and Simmer Shield,

Gardians (10) 140
-Warlock
-Enhance
-Missile Launcher

Storm Gardians (10) 92
-Flamer (2)

Rangers (5) 120
-Pathfinders

Falcon 190
Shuriken Cannon
-Scatter Laser
-Spirit Stones
-Halo Fields

Wraithlord 130
-Star Cannon
-Wraith Sword

War Walker 65
-Shuriken Cannon
-Bright Lance

Army Total 1830

·
Registered
632 Posts
your avengers need bladestorm exarch with x2 shuriken cats, and your guardians MUST have a heavy weapon platform. Lose the star engines, you will not need them, also wave serpants CANNOT take holofields. Drop the two farseers and get Eldrad, he is just as good if not better than having 2 farseers and it will be more cost effective for you points wise, saving yourself around 50pts.

Finally itemised ponits are not allowed on the forum, read the forum rules about this. Gw are very picky when it comes to copywrite ect.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i suggest wraithguard wounding on 2+ ap 2 ASSAULT 1 6 is is instantdeath

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have to get to work, so I won't go through your whole post, but some quick points:

Your current list has three HQ slots taken up; Asurmen and the two Farseers. You're only allowed two. I agree with the previous poster; drop both farseers, take Eldrad.
I don't think the on-foot seer council is worth it either.

Presuming that you drop that stuff and save points, I advise the following: keep to a central core of units in wave serpents. Pathfinders are good, probably have around 7 of them. I'd drop all the Guardians in favour of units of Dire Avengers. Bulk up all your remaining squads except your fire dragons; for them, drop the exarch and get a second squad, also in a wave serpent.
Your Heavy Support basically needs to agree with itself more. If one War Walker outflanks, one Wraithlord heads up the field and one Falcon hangs back firing, your opponent will have a perfect range of targets to practice his various strengths of fire on. You instead want a lot of war walkers or a lot of wraithlords (not recommended at this points level) or tanks. Personally, I pick tanks. Shove in two Fire Prisms, laugh.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Stop suggesting Eldrad! The original poster wants an Alaitoc army not one from Ulthwe.

I would drop the cheaper farseer. If Asurmen is deployed in the dire avengers then there is no need for the bladestorm upgrade the exarch has. Drop the second singing spear from the other farseer since it is rather rubbish.

This gives some points to get another pathfinder unit. These fit very well with alaitoc fluff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, dropped a couple of units and have 170 points to use, on what, i dont know, maby a war walker, or a decent sized squad of wraithlords and a few more rangers. The units in bold i have already brought and are finished so i cant drop them. I also want to keep my army as alaitoc as possible thats why i didn't include Elrad. I could probably drop the seer counsel, but they do look cool and I'd need a spirit seer for my wraithlord and my wraithgaurd if i get them. I dont know, I'm really inexperienced, I've only been playing for a few months so any help is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts