Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, decided to start painting my Orks.
Im more of a gamer than a painter, but figured i may as well get them done.

I usually just undercoat models, and paint 2 colours on. No drybrushing, highlighting, washing, nothing. Dont even bother painting the bases. Literally a 2 minute paint job.

I figured i may as well put a little bit of effort into the Orks, as they are probably the army i have enjoyed playing with the most, and id like to play with a visually acceptable army. Nothing amazing, but just tabletop standard.

Used my phone to take the pic, and it really didn't turn out well. The model looks like crap in the pic compared to what it actually looks like. :(

Undercoat:
- Matt Black

Skin:
- Knarloc Green (Foundation)
- Thraka Green (Wash)
- Goblin Green (Drybrush/Highlight)

Clothes:
- Calthan Brown (Foundation)
- Devlan Mud (Wash)
- Bronzed Flesh (Drybrush/Highlight)

Straps/Boots:
- Chaos Black

Buckles/Earring:
- Boltgun Metal

Weapons:
- Chaos Black
- Boltgun Metal (Drybrush/Highlight)

Eyes:
- Blood Red

Teeth:
- Skull White

Base:
- Calthan Brown (Foundation)
- Superglue
- Rocks

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I would second what Dave said, Orks' just don't seem like the kind of creatures that would take good care of their teeth. :p

For a quick tabletop standard I would say that you have done very well, congratulations.

A few criticisms though, you haven't painted your Ork's nails and you are lacking any sort of gore on the choppa :spiteful:. That being said I suppose you could ignore both of those comments on such a rank-and-file model if you wanted to save time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Washes are a god send, and it's good to see you used them. But one criticism, the Ork's right arm (Choppa arm) has a glove on it and not a wristband as you've made it seem. :p

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Washes are a god send, and it's good to see you used them. But one criticism, the Ork's right arm (Choppa arm) has a glove on it and not a wristband as you've made it seem. :p
Yeh, i realized that as i was painting.
Dont really like the look of the glove, and figured i might be able to get away with it looking like a hand.

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Great work for such a quick scheme. Looks pretty good for a tabletop. I would agree about using bleached bone, and also hit it with a wash. Bleached Bone and Devlan Mud looks amazing on stuff like that

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd recommend easing up on your top coat to allow your base coat to come through more prominently. It will give your models more depth and a realistic feeling of shadows in places. Your weapons also look like they've been made from rocks, maybe try Chainmail or Mithril Silver for a more metal look. Then use some inks for weathering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts