Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My list is quite obviously based around Aobr, and my main concept for my army is fire and speed to support my footslogging boys. Not all that much into Vehicles, so i'd like to stick to Deffkopta's, bikes, etc. :so_happy:

Warboss - PK, TL Shoota, Bosspole, Eavy Armour, Cybork Body - 100 points
(Attached to one of the Boyz squads)

15 Boyz - 1 Big Shoota - 90 points

15 Boyz - 1 Big Shoota - 90 points

5 Lootas - 75 points

3 Deffkoptas - TL Rokkit Launchas - 135 points

500 Points.

So as said before, Boys run towards the enemy, with the Lootas and Deffkoptas taking out other threats.

One thing i'm not sure of is the 'Eavy Armour with the Cybork Body, can you only take one?

Thanks Guys :drinks:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't want to speak out of line or give misleading information as I'm brand new to the game, but I'm fairly certain you can wear both. when it comes to incompatible items, the codex is pretty strait forward. If two items cannot be used together, they make a special note of it on the unit's profile such as with Meganob armor and warbikes. There is no note regarding cybork armor and eavy armor being incompatible.

Also, since I like taking things from the fluff perspective, I can have two cybork arms and still want to protect my squishy bits in the chest!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You can take Cybork Body and Eavy Armour on characters, and it's something I'd recommend. As to your list, scrap the Lootas, they're a nice unit but easy to kill.

Either add in a fourth Deffkopta, or go for more boyz and some nobs in your Ork squads.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You don't need 'eavy armour and cybork body really because most things will force the cybork body save anyway. Plus any wounds you can allocate to boyz unit anyway.

The rest of the unit isn't bad, however a more suitable list would have a big mek with a KFF giving a cover save to the boyz and then a unit of killa kanz to block them giving them a 4+ cover save ;) At the moment your army is racing forward and won't last a huge amount of time.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You don't need 'eavy armour and cybork body really because most things will force the cybork body save anyway. Plus any wounds you can allocate to boyz unit anyway.
At this stage I'm guessing he's just playing small games. Odds are heavier weapons won't feature to much, and the save from a Cybork body still needs consistent rolling of high numbers. Eavy armour, in my opinion, helps the warboss a bit more against small arms fire.

KFF Big Meks are nice, but for beginners your best to stick with Warbosses.

·
Registered
442 Posts
eavy armour is worth it in combat as 4+ over 5+ is the world of difference and against shooting 2 you get a save against that damn bolter fire of 4+

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree with Cheese, Trukks would be better as you're relying on combat rather than shooting. The lootas are good, but will be left behind and are easy fodder for outflankers, bikers, drop pods etc. I would suggest dropping them for a fourth Deffkopta and Nobz for your boyz or a couple of TL rokkit launcha armed Kans, as BS 3 rokkits make for decent anti transport support.

Keep Eavy Armour on the Warboss as it will be god send in CC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts