HQ

Warboss, PK, Warbike

Fast Attack

5 Warbikers, Nob w/ PK

5 Warbikers, Nob w/ PK

Troops

10 Boyz, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour, Trukk

13 Boyz, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour, Battlewagon with RPJ, Deff Rolla, and Boarding Plank

13 Boyz, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour, Battlewagon with RPJ, Deff Rolla, and Boarding Plank

(Note that inside both Battlewagons is a squad of 5 Tankbustas with two Tankhammers each)

14 Boyz, Shootas, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour

13 Boyz, Shootas, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour

Elite

(Tankbustas as mentioned above)

5 Kommandos, 2 Burnas, Boss Snikrot

Heavy Support

(2 Battlewagons as mentioned above)

3 Killa Kans, 3 Rokkit Launchas

The Battlewagons will ram vehicles with their Deff Rollas, and the Boarding Planks will allow a Tankbusta inside to use his hammer against the same vehicle. Killa Kans will give mid-range anti-tank support, and butcher most non-CC units, as well as vehicles. The Trukks and Battlewagons will go 13" a turn, and let my Boyz assault after disembarking (gotta love open topped vehicles...) Tankbustas will krump those nasty vehicles. Snikrot @ co. will arrive at any board edge I want, so I'll take some of those damned Dessecrator squads, the Burnas are soley for the fact that they can be used as PW, so I'll melt through the Marines in CC (then die the next turn :() Bikers will attract a lot of firepower, and get behind enemy lines quickly to wreak havoc.

Any other tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
thoose boys are gone and only 1 unit can take eavy armour off the top of my head you cannot have 2 units in a transport and hope you don't see tanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmm... K. I like the advice, but may you please tell me how to fix it?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Walking boyz in a Speed Freek list fail, lose them.

Trukks are incredibly fragile and 12 boyz don't do much damage to anything but weakened unit.

Tankbustas are actually pretty bad at busting tanks, especially if you only field 5.

Snikrot is a gimmick, don't rely on it.

Mechanized Orks without KFF make baby Gork cry.

Needs more BW, a KFF, real anti-vehicle (Lootas, Kanz, Kannonz, Buggies) and some good assault units (20 boyz or nobs)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ok, since this is your first list, I am gonna reiterate some of the stuff the guys have said, but kind of explain it, so you know what their talking about.

When you use trukks you've got to use them to tie up enemies until foot slogging orks, or proper reinforcements arrive. Trukks by themselves without say, battlewagons packed to the gills, and a big mek with a force field, are gonna get picked out. If you wanna use your Trukks, either pick up a big mek, or get a ton of foot sloggers and use them as shock troops.

I love the idea of the tankbustas in the wagons with the boys, but sadly it won't work, only 1 unit can be in a transport at the start of the game. So you'd have to make one squad of 10 tankbustas, and one squad of 20 boyz. in the wagons, Tankbustas are good, but their glory hound rule makes them kind of lacking versatility, some people say your better off with rokkit buggies or deffkoptas, but i say, hey whatever you like.

Also, as much as you'd like to, only one unit of boyz in your army can have 'Eavy Armor. Much as we'd like all around 4+'s theirs only so much scrap metal laying around hehe. I suggest putting it on your primary trukkboy squad if you like it, it really helps them out fighting non Power Weapon assaults.

I'd also if your gonna use kans, either get some more, or replace them with more agile anti-tank weapons. Here are some strategies I really like,

Put your burnas in a battlewagon, its open topped, they can all fire out, and their soft (and slow) hides are protected from quite a bit of gunfire, this also gives you a chance to get them right up in the enemies face and spray fire in all directions.

If your gonna use kommandos, add a warboss to snikrots unit, Its a bit shifty and abusive, but the way the rules fall. Snikrots ambush special ability allows "Snikrot AND his unit" to be held in reserve and then deploy from any table edge, so unlike infiltrate it doesn't get canceled out when the warboss joins the squad, and since its not outflank, you don't lose it when you lose infiltrate.

(Now, talk this over with the local salts you play against they might or might not allow it, but seriously, as much as people want to disprove it, thatch how the rules lay, and if chaos is gonna double lash prince, I am gonna ambush grazghkull)

One final little bit of advice is, really find what works for you, I refuse to use deffcoptaz in any of my armies, or killa kan walls, and I've done pretty well. I managed to place in a local cash prize tourny, so more important then whats good on paper, use what works for you.

EDIT: My oppinions are my own, and I am not an extension of prior comments, just...wanted to give you some fleshed out help since this is your first list. Good luck bringin' down the galaxy.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much, I will take heed of your advice, then proceed to mozey on over to the "Ork footsloger list, wins 4-0" thread :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
...If your gonna use kommandos, add a warboss to snikrots unit, Its a bit shifty and abusive, but the way the rules fall. Snikrots ambush special ability allows "Snikrot AND his unit" to be held in reserve and then deploy from any table edge, so unlike infiltrate it doesn't get canceled out when the warboss joins the squad, and since its not outflank, you don't lose it when you lose infiltrate.

(Now, talk this over with the local salts you play against they might or might not allow it, but seriously, as much as people want to disprove it, thatch how the rules lay, and if chaos is gonna double lash prince, I am gonna ambush grazghkull)...
That. Is. Amazing.

·
Registered
382 Posts
sorry i have not been on but let me give this list a crack.

HQ

Warboss, PK, Warbike
ok this is good but he just needs a attack squie (6 attacks on a charge) and a cyborg body

Fast Attack

5 Warbikers, Nob w/ PK

5 Warbikers, Nob w/ PK
nobz need a bosspole!

Troops

trukk boyz need to be taken at max size! a unit of 12 orks is already at a disadvantage so every one counts. nobz not need armour because you should always put the wounds on the boyz. yet again Bosspole!!! with a LD of 7 the reroll helps.

again take them at max size! drop the armour on your nob and add a shoota to the wagon so you dont get wrecked on a weapon destroyed

same

(Note that inside both Battlewagons is a squad of 5 Tankbustas with two Tankhammers each)
tankbustas suck! up will be much better off with lootas or a kopta with a buzzsaw

14 Boyz, Shootas, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour

13 Boyz, Shootas, Nob w/ PK and 'eavy armour
use these boyz to max out your other units

Elite

(Tankbustas as mentioned above)

5 Kommandos, 2 Burnas, Boss Snikrot
good! any more is a wast.

Heavy Support

(2 Battlewagons as mentioned above)

3 Killa Kans, 3 Rokkit Launchas
i like what your are doing here but they will be left in the dust! yet agian lootas or buzzsaw koptas.

with all that said you really really need a KFF to keep your army moving!!!
a unit of 10 grotz is only 40 points and you can just hold them in reserve so they can sneak onto an objective and go to the ground for a 3+ cover save if you are in some terrain

·
Registered
382 Posts
here is my 1500 list

HQ: Warboss
Power Klaw; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body

HQ: Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

Elite: Burna Boyz 10

Troops: Boyz 19

Troops: Boyz 18
1 Boyz Nob Power Klaw; Bosspole

Troops: Boyz 11
1 Trukk Boarding Plank; Red Paint Job; Reinforced Ram

Troops: Boyz 11
1 Trukk Boarding Plank; Red Paint Job; Reinforced Ram

Troops: Gretchin 10
1 Runtherd

Heavy Support: Battlewagon
Big Shoota x1; Boarding Plank; Deff Rolla; Red Paint Job (Warboss with 19boyz)

Big Shoota x1; Boarding Plank; Deff Rolla; Red Paint Job (Boyz with nob)

Big Shoota x1; Deff Rolla; Red Paint Job (KFF with burnas)

Fast: Deffkopta
TL Rokkits; Buzzsaw

Fast: Deffkopta
TL Rokkits; Buzzsaw

·
Registered
435 Posts
@ Sickening
That is a very tight list, very much how I would run things, good good and very good. The only thing I MIGHT do, is add a PK nob to the warbosses battlewagon squad. simply because in assault meanies can target your warboss separately, and if he goes down, they've essentially ruined any chance you have of cracking a dreadnought, which means that squad is stuck for evar.

If you can squeeze that in it'd be perfect, But, as it is now, its very solid, and shiny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts