Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first list and I need some help with the list I have created. I will be using it against ork and blood angels so i am trying to make it anti-infantry. Please can you help me with what to remove and change, but i don't have a large budget!:(
Here it goes:

Hq
Be'Lakor - 350
Daemon Prince w/ wings, power armour, MoK, Axe of blind fury - 250

Troops
7 CSM w/ MoN, plasma gun, heavy bolter- 147
7 CSM w/ heavy bolter and champion w/ powersword- 126
7 CSM w/ MoK, 5 close combat weapons - 125

Elites
10 terminators w/ MoK, heavy flamer, reaper autocannon, 3 powerfists, chainfist,combi-melta,combi-flamer) 420

Fast Attack
Heldrake- 170

Heavy support
2 Maulerfiend- 250

I think that comes in at 1995. What do you guys think? I am thinking about changing Be'lakor out for another heldrake and then i have 180 points left over for something else.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Hey this isn't a bad list, and you will have fun playing with it!

The following are small changes I would make to make it a little better, but as allways its how you use it on the table top that will decide how well you do. (Caution, follow all my advice you will spend more points than you have, so make savings where you can and ignore what you will)

Hq
Be'Lakor - 350

The Black Mace is allot more fun on a DP than the Axe, The AP 4 of it is upgraded to AP 2 by Smash, and with S6 base if you need S8, you can drop attacks and use smash and get AP 10! He will eat whole squads of Orks and because of the Cursed special rule you will take more out that just the 'few' you kill with your attacks.

Troops

7 CSM cannot have 2 Special Weapons sadly. I would See if can find a 4th Heavy Bolter and form them into a Havoc Squad, it may be worth droping one CSM squad completely and bringing in 10 cultists to run on from reserve and grab an objective

Elites
10 terminators w/ MoK, heavy flamer, reaper autocannon, 3 powerfists, chainfist,combi-melta,combi-flamer) 420

Sigh, I would split into two units, and try and increase the amount of Combi-Meltas.

Fast Attack
Heldrake- 170

Heavy support
2 Maulerfiend- 250

Iam not a huge fan of Maulerfiends, what other unit advances with them? Just having these two sounds like a resipy to have them shot up very fast

I think that comes in at 1995. What do you guys think? I am thinking about changing Be'lakor out for another heldrake and then i have 180 points left over for something else.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Howdy mate. Uveron is quite good at nitpicking, he has good insight and has great points. I have different opinions to him on some things though so take what you will from me and Uveron if you so wish. Here's what I'd do....

Here it goes:

Hq
Be'Lakor - 350

Never used Lakor so I can't really comment, I have however seen his stats and rules and know he's a beast, at 350 points though, you really want him to be working for ya! As for the other Daemon Prince... I would scrap him If you're going Khorne, use a Lord, allows you to utilise the Berzerker as a troop choice, and if you're going anti infantry... nothing says die like zerkers! A good lord choice would be a Khorne Lord on Jugger with a sigil of corruption and the AoBF, throw in melta bombs and a dimensional key too for deepstriking goodness.

Troops

By changing these guys to Zerkers you limit their gun carrying abilities, as it is, and as it has been stated, they need to be 10 strong to carry a heavy weapon. If you go 3 squads of 8 zerkers with an icon of wrath and melta bombs, coming to 546 points, add rhinos for mobility. A regular CSM squad armed with 2 plasma guns and MoN should suffice for a squad to take out heavy infantry.

Elites

Cool unit, unfortunately terminators are just.... not that good, especially with a MoK. 420 points can be used on something MUCH better! I'd suggest bikers!

Fast Attack
Heldrake- 170

As i said above, add bikers, 5 or 6 would be sufficient. I'd put flamers on them as they will accompany your Jugger lord so you want to hunt infantry. Melta bombs incase you come across a dreadnaught or something, and a lightnice claw or power sword on your champion. Also an icon of wrath to re-roll charge range and furious charge! Giving your jugger lord a massive Strength 7 on the charge!

Heavy support
2 Maulerfiend- 250

cool units, 2 is better than 1! They have magma cutters or lasher tendrils on board? for some extra fire support I'd add in a squad of 3 obliterators with MoN. Obliterators ROCK!

As I said, take what you will from Uveron and myself. The list you already have should be fun to play with, as long as you remember your marine squads need to be atleast 10 to carry 2 special weapons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! I am currently trying to improve the list!
Do you think Be'lakor is worth it and should I use 2 heldrakes?

·
Registered
432 Posts
As I said, never used Lakor so I can't comment. As for having 2 helldrakes, you can never, EVER have too many helldrakes.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I would keep Be'lakor, he can mess things up in CC and the buffs he can drop make him great. A second heldrake is nice but I think Belakor is a better force multiplier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts