Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is my first SM list. It is going to need a lot of work(I am suspecting) because I put it together WAY to fast. I am not too familiar with the codex yet also so if I am missing somthing, fill me in please. Thanks.

HQ
Shrike- 195

He will be with this squad
10 Assault- 340
-all with one lightning claw

ELITE
2 Dreds- 210
One question, how does a twin-linked hevy flamer work? Cant find it in rule book.

TROOP
10 Tac. Squad- 170
-Flamer
-Heavy Bolter

10 Tac. Squad- 170
-Flamer
-Heavy Bolter

10 Tac. Squad- 170
-Flamer
-Heavy Bolter

10 Tac. Squad- 170
-Flamer
-Heavy Bolter

HEAVY
5 Devistator Squad- 150
-4 Heavy Bolters

Land Raider- 270
-Hunter Killer
-Multi-Melta

I added the Devs because it seemed like I was lacking some fire power.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
TL flamer lets you re-roll wounds

I think running a horde SM list isn't that good of an idea... You can pack a lot more firepower into your list and still have Shrike go break face.

If I were going to run Shrike, it would look something like this....

Shirke
10 Vanguard Vets (5 BP, CS, Melta bombs, 3 PW and SS, 1 Plasma Pistol Melta bomb, Sgt with Relic blade and Storm shield)
3 Rifleman Dreads
3 Autolas Predators
2 5 man tac squads in Razorbacks with TL Las or Las/plas
2 Scout squads with Sniper, Camo cloaks and ML

8 Ranged threats, 4 scoring units, and the big Shrike Rock

If you go first, Shrike infiltrates and you launch a Turn 1 assault (remember, you're fleet) If you go second, then you can either hide him or DS him (w/ heroic intervention)

You'll notice I've gone cheap on everything but Shrike and his buddys... that's to preserve my ability to crank out firepower... Which seems a little on the low end to me... but I normally play 2K.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the one LC each is a waste. You lose an attack because only another LC will give you additional attack for 2 cc weapons. I would give my Sgt a fist just incase you hit a walker or tank load a few with a pair of claws and the rest with BP/CC weapons.

Your troops are set up for anti horde lists. If you get hit with armor you are going to be hard pressed to take them out as well as MC. What are your dreads load out? Look at cutting your tac squads down to about 3 and adding some razorbacks for fire support. Look at DP for your dreads to back up your assault squad. Drop the Dev and add in 2 Dakka preds. I do not know about the MM on the LR. Look at adding a few AT bikes or speeders for fast moving AT support. You might even want to place your 3rd tac squad in a DP to land close to support shrike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts