Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this is my first army list in WHFB. I've played 40k for a few years but i wanted to finally delve into fantasy, so I pulled the trigger on the warriors of chaos book. The theme for the army is chaos undivided, so here is what I came up with for my first 1500 points:

Sorcerer 152
level 2
Nurgle

Exalted Hero 175
BSB
enchanted shield ( 2+ armor)

14 Chaos Warriors 296
Khorne
halberds
FC

14 Chaos Warriors 296
Nurgle
Great Weapons
FC

5 Hellstriders 120
Hellscourges
musician
Standard Bearer

5 Chaos knights 255
Khorne
ensorcelled weapons

Giant 210
Khorne

Because it's my first list I really need criticism, so please don't hold back. Thanks everyone

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well unless you are playing him for fun or really love the model drop the giant: they are utterly arse. might look fun on paper but T5 and no save of any kind just means they die in seconds. If you want monsters look to the hellcanon or shaggoth, otherwise just leave them be.

I can honestly remember nothing about the hellstriders, which probably shows how good they are: if I remember rightly they are just slaaneshi marauder horsemen with little tweaks for a lot more points... not going to say drop them while I don't really know what they do but I think you should have another look at them...

Your units of warriors really need to be a little bigger: 18 is pretty much the standard size 'small' unit of warriors (and as they're expensive small is normally all you get). I would try to up both units to at least 17 models plus a character.

A good way of having fun with your BSB is to just throw him on a barded warhorse: you get your 1+ save without having to use any magical items, allowing you to take a magical banner and still be hard as nails. I like the banner of eternal flame as it gives something to counter regen units such as hellpits, hydras and trolls but there are several which are pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts