Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. These are my first Tactical squad of Iron Snakes. Nearly finished painting them now (except for the apothecary), and when I have I will probably buy some shields and spears to make them more fluffy :)
C & C welcome!

Here is a group shot --->

Some Smaller group shots --->

Here is my first completed Iron Snake that is a test model --->

My (no-where near completed) apothecary --->

Here are some shots of my WiP Sergeant --->

Anyways hope you like :victory:

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Give the sgt a lightning claw....
Other wise I like them a lot, I do not however get an apothacery feel from yous... are you gonna add some vials of the reducter to his belt? Just wondering... good wrok, will continue to watch.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
A good start on one of my favourite Chapters.

I have a personal request about your pictures.

Please, resize them before uploading them to ImageShack, the forum automatically resizes but it takes forever on my PC and locks the thing up.

3648x2736 is a monster size picture anyhoo.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Normally I do resize, and it's playing up a bit on my screen as well. I will remember next time!

Like I said, the Apothecary is still a WiP, more so than the rest of my marines. This squad was mostly a test squad to see if I liked the scheme and how to do it. I will add a narthecium and other apothecary stuff to him at a later date, sometime within the coming weeks.

Next update should be all of the marines except from special weapons, sergeant, and apothecary completed.

Stay tuned :)

Also, anyone have any ideas what spears and combat shields will work with Iron Snakes? Doesn't have to be 40k or fantasy!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your painting is very neat, I like it :)

However, I think you're one more person who could really benefit from thinning your paint. Try it, you'll be really happy with the result, I know I was.

It also doesn't look like there is much in the way of highlighting or shading. Even an edge highlight and a wash will really make your models stand out - many people don't even bother to paint the models these days.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your painting is very neat, I like it :)

However, I think you're one more person who could really benefit from thinning your paint. Try it, you'll be really happy with the result, I know I was.

It also doesn't look like there is much in the way of highlighting or shading. Even an edge highlight and a wash will really make your models stand out - many people don't even bother to paint the models these days.
Thanks!
The only reason I haven't given edge highlights yet is:
1. they aren't finished
2. I don't actually know what colours to use or where! :blush: If someone could help there that would be great!

Is the chapter icon freehand? If so a job well done! I like the golden chest aquillas too. What colour are you going for on the plasma?
Thanks mate.
It is indeed freehand, and my first attempt. Everything I do is freehand. And I was very happy with how the aquilas came out, happy enough to right down how I actually done them lol

Erm...for the plasma I have no idea, neve painting one before. Any suggestiongs?

Currently looking for shields and spears, but not sure on what to use. Any suggestions will be much appreciated as always :)

Jack.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arrrgghhh!!! Link big pictures please. Takes fuck-ever to load.

Otherwise, a very decent job.

One suggestion though - your white seems quite thick. Perhaps multiple thin layers instead?
Thanks mate!

Sorry about image size, I forgot to resize them. I will resize them later and repost :)

Yeah, my white was a bit thick. BUT I have never been able to paint white, and after a little help from heresy, My white has come out clearer with no streaks :) So next time I can use the same technique watering it down as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy crap. Big Pics. Nice work friend, my recomendation though is that you add a bit of detail to your base.
Again, sorry about pictures, forgot to resize them!! lol

And I haven't started bases yet mate, that's the last bit I do as i hate basing.

Done some more work on the sergeant today, will post more pictures when he is done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts