Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I picked the codex up last night along with a couple of BL books, and made this list. I was half-asleep when I was doing the calculations so apolgies if any are wrong. This is made up of my favourite models (Sanguinior, Lemartes, Death Company, Sanguinary Guard), and I don't care if it's not competitive or anything.

Blood Angels: 2000 Points

HQ: 275

1 Sanguinor 275

ELITES: 490

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
w/ Chapter Banner
1 Furioso Dreadnought 210
w/ Drop Pod, Librarian Upgrade, Blood Lance, Sanguine Sword
1 Sanguinary Priest 50

Troops: 1120

10 Assault Marines 225
w/ Meltagun, Powerfist
10 Assault Marines 220
w/ Flamer, Powerfist
8 Death Company 455
w/ Jump Packs, Lemartes, Power fist
10 Tactical Marines 220
w/ Rhino, Flamer, Missile Launcher

Fast Attack: 115

1 Baal Predator 115
w/ Flamestorm Cannon

~Bane of Kings

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
The dread being the only drop pod unit is basically giving 2 free KP to the enemy. having a blood fist it doesn't really need sword So change that to wings and take out the drop pod.

the flamestorm being one of only 3 vehicles(counting the dread) will be a major target, especially as that does it's damage in close range so it won't be allowed to get up close.

the tacticals seem out of place to be honest. you have a mostly jump infantry army you might as well drop them for another assault squad so you have a pretty powerful assault crunch to the army.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bassically second what Lord Reevan has said so far ,

this list is all over the place tbh . if your going for pods go all out pods , if your going for preds take 3 not 1. this list is vry Battleforce , you need to focus it m8.

Drop sanguinior and take a jump pack libby instead , you only need 1 hq tbh.

drop the tactical marines . blood angels have a place for tactical marines but its not in this list.

id also advise you drop lemartes he seems like a collosal waste of points to me ,

this list reminds me of that fail list in the blood angels white dwarf battle report vs black legion , You need to go back to the drawing board m8 . pick a concept and work around it!

EDIT: you seem to like jump infantry , so are you trying to have a jump infantry ba army? this is certainly viable and vry effective but you must build around the concept correctly.

hope this is of some help!,
Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The dread being the only drop pod unit is basically giving 2 free KP to the enemy.
Dang it Reevan, ya beat me to my single most common comment! :p

To save some points I'd shrink the DC. At 455 points (nearly a quarter of your entire PV) you are taking a heck of a risk with an uncontrollable unit. Just by dropping them down to 5 total, and dumping the DP, you gain the points for a Death Company Furioso.

Convert the Tactical Squad to an RAS-5 in a shooty Razorback. You'll get as much firepower for a lower PV. Don't forget that you effectively get a free upgrade to tl Lascannon, Las + tl Plasma or tl Assault Cannon with the RAS's 35 point discount.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's list 2. Any better? LS & meltabombs are there because I can't think of anything else. Again, exactly 2k points.

HQ: 400

1 Sanguinior 275
1 Librarian 125
w/ Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Sword of Sanguinius

Elites: 480

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
w/ Chapter Banner
1 Furioso Dreadnought 175
Librarian, w/ Wings of Sanguinius, Blood Lance
1 Sanguinary Preist 75
w/ Jump Pack

Troops: 1060

10 Assault Marines 235
w/ Flamer, Meltagun, Power Fist, Meltabombs
10 Assault Marines 230
w/ Flamer, Meltagun, Power Fist
10 Assault Marines 230
w/ Flamer, Meltagun, Power Fist
5 Death Company 365
w/ Jump Pack, Lemartes, Powerfist

Fast Attack: 60

1 Land Speeder 60
w/ Multi-Meta

Again, Do you think it's any better guys? What should I take out?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Give the flesh and blood Librarian Unleash Rage instead of Sanguine Sword. That way he can turn one of the RAS into a real killing machine.

The Sanguinary Guard need a Power Fist. Replace the Land Speeder with an Attack Bike to get those ten points.

I'm not a big fan of Lemartes to be honest. His 150 point cost means he needs to be as effective as 4 regular DC marines. I think 8 DC will do a lot more damage for a lot longer than Lemartes and 4 DC. Or is it 5 plus Lemartes? Never forget the psychological value of a large DC either. Watching a big squad storm across the field draws a ton of attention away from your core troops.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would drop either the DC or the Sanguinary Guard. You really don't need two high price infantry squads that are sure to get all the plasma weapons pointed at them. I would take 2 more speeders with MM for anti tank and a 5 man tac squad to stay back and hold an objective if you need it. I would also take unleash rage instead of blood lance. The librarian will spend most of the game in close combat after all.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a slightly revised list v3.

HQ: 400

1 Sanguinior 275
1 Librarian 125
w/ Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Unleash Rage

Elites: 490

5 Sanguinary Guard 240
w/ Chapter Banner, Power Fist