Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my first shot of trying to create a tomb kings list. Going for a semi competitive list, but not win at all costs.

HQ
Tomb King
-great weapon

Core
20x skeletons
-spear
-light armour
-banner
-champion

20x skeletons
-spears
-light armour
-banner
-champion

20x archers

3x chariots

Special
20x tomb guard
-halbeards

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry meant to say a 1000 points. Awh ye crap, forgot about that rule. Where do you think I should cut points. Sorry I'm new to fantasy lol

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Not a TK player, so not sure of the optimal build.

My immediate thought would be that you aren't going to get all 20 archers to bear on a target, and they will probably be towards the back of your deployment so don't need the ranks for melee CR so much. So trim them down.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
You don't actually need a hierophant with the new rules, just say that your list is from the Undead book. It's otherwise the same thing :p Also your skeletons are 1p cheaper for spear/la/shield.

Still, though, it would be good to have a wizard - Tomb Kings' biggest strength is their magic.

Finally, I'd say that archers should be 2x10, but that it's still good to have that many unless you need the points elsewhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.