Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
443 Posts
Why not change the plasma bikers for Black Knights that way you get 3 twin linked plasma guns with Skilled Riders on top. Also do you really need that much melta? 3 Multi Meltas with those lascannos should be plenty. You would want to get use of your banner of devastation anyways.
Also I do agree with you I used to only field rifle dreads but they barely scratch anything but 2 twinlinked lascannons can put fear of god on your enemy =)

· Registered
443 Posts
So I modified your list and this is what i would probably take

+++ Da (1712pts) +++

++ Dark Angels: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1712pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (255pts) +

Ravenwing Command Squad (255pts) [4x Black Knight, Ravenwing Apothecary]
····Banners [Devastation]

+ HQ (200pts) +

Sammael (200pts) [Corvex (Jetbike)]

+ Elites (435pts) +

Mark V Mortis Pattern Dreadnought * (145pts) [2x Twin-linked Lascannon]

+ Troops (486pts) +

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (Troops) (162pts) [3x Ravenwing Biker]
····Ravenwing Attack Bike [Multi-Melta]
····Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack (336pts) +

Ravenwing Black Knights (168pts) [3x Black Knight]
····Huntmaster [Corvus Hammer]

Ravenwing Black Knights (168pts) [3x Black Knight]
····Huntmaster [Corvus Hammer]

Created with BattleScribe

So you got 13 Twinlinked plasma guns, 6 Twinlinked Lascanons, 3 Multi Meltas, 12 Twin Linked Salvo 4 Bolters. Also few spare points to give Ravenwing troops some special weapons of your choice.

· Registered
443 Posts
I like. I just need to get another TLLC dreadnought arm. I'm a cheap skate so I'm using regular dreadnought arms flipped upside down at the moment and I only have 5 lascannons. Also, I didn't think command squads could ever be larger than 3 models. I'm going to need some more black knights too. I think I've got a total of six. I do really like the idea of black knights over plasma ravenwing though. I hate it when I kill myself with plasma and the twin-linked can really help that out. Not to mention more hits is more kills. Thanks for taking the time to help out with this one!
Why don't you just proxy it or counts as? Or do you have to have all the models, coz that's an expensive and time consuming endeavour. When are you planing to field the army?
@ntaw thanks for linking that FAQ dude =)

· Registered
443 Posts
FAQs.... bah. They should have got it right the first time! Thanks though. That is a big help. I'd love to have some more T5, FNP guys to suck up wounds from my banner.

I could make one... I normally don't glue my dreads and I hate magnets. But I've got an extra TLLC arm that I snapped off a glued model once. And it's a SW one... feels so wrong.
What's wrong with magnets? I have all my 25 Deathwing terminators magnetized, so I can freely and easily swap out weapon options especially that deathwing can be so full different combos. Should be useful for Dreadnoughts aswell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.