Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post! So I've finally gotten myself started with 40k... this is mainly a battleforce-based Biel-Tan list... my main opponents are going to be Orks (shooty, serious Loota obsession) and Space Marines. I'm also on a fairly tight budget so... it's gotta be one army :mad: Haven't bought the minis yet so feel free to make some critiques.

Autarch (115)
Power Weapon, Reaper Launcher, Mandiblasters

Striking Scorpions with Wave Serpent (242)
5 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Scorpion's Claw
Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Starcannons and Shuriken Cannon

Guardians with Starcannon (105)
10 Guardians

Dire Avengers (102)
5 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon, Shimmershield and Bladestorm

Dark Reapers (217)
5 Dark Reapers, Exarch with Missile Launcher and Fast Shot

War Walker (70)
1 War Walker with Starcannon and Scatter Laser

(Total 851)

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
92 Posts
yea get your self a farseer drop the autarch.....you sticking with 800pts or going 1000,1500,2000pts ect?

if your going 2000pts keep the autarch and get a farseer, then you can have your wrathguard/wrathlord.

with points to spare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the people I know are just starting, so we're all gonna stick with 800ish for a bit. So if I'm getting wraithstuff, then I'll have to get rid of something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
lose the war walker, autarch, dark reapers that should be enough..i think, then put farseer,wrathlord,wrathguard....

btw wrathguard aren't cheep, i think you get like 2 in a blister pack for £9/£10

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a little steep, even for GW... and with me trying to save dosh by sticking to the battleforce :shok:

Anyone / anything else? I'd really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Farseer w/spirit stones, Ro Witnessing, Doom, Fortune -140
x10 DA w/exarch, x2 Shuri catapult, bladestorm - 152
x10 DA w/exarch, x2 Shuri catapult, bladestorm - 152
x2 wave serpants w/ TLSC, spirit stones - 220
x3 Shadow weavers - 90
x2 Shadow weavers - 60

Total = 814

This list will rip through most armour you marine opponant can muster in a 800pts game while the shadow weavers will tear through the orks with ease. The farseer should remain with the DA and doom the enemy ready for the DA to bladestorm the unit in shuriken death. Keep all the DA mounted in the Wave serpants for added protection against the enemy guns, Hope this helps you in some way and it should be fairly cost effective on the cash flow side of things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I've also only just started my eldar force, ive only got an 700 point army now but gonna try go for a 2000 point this december. I think you should drop the dark reapers and put in a falcon or waveserpant, what ive done was buy an extra 5 DAs and convert the extra DA exarch to Asumen, it was a bit of work but got it done, just copy the pic of him in the codex, he works really well, if you do that then you will have to have the 5 extra DAs and you will have to cut parts off, Ill post a pic of him tomorrow if it would help. I'd also drop the Autarch and replace him wth a farseer and stick with the war walker but defiantly get a Wraithlord for the next phase of your army. Also buy through Total Wargamer they are up to 25 percent cheeper than GW, it is UK based though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't really agree with...anything crux is saying, really.
Look at it like this. Those Lootas will eat wraithguard for breakfast. You will slowly slog across the board, losing 35-point models in droves to 15-point models.
I would also recommend against the starcannons. Scatter lasers all the way, they're better against vehicles, low-save units and roughly as good against marines in cover.
I also am very wary about this choice of guardian operated, paper-flimsy, small blast firing 'stupid-machines.'
You might have a couple of good games with them, but your opponents will start to take simple measures to deal with them - your orky friend will get used to manoevring to get line of sight and denying you good places to put them, the space marine will do the same or DS something that makes them shit themselves - I dunno, something with bolters? That seems about heavy enough.
Original poster:
First post! So I've finally gotten myself started with 40k... this is mainly a battleforce-based Biel-Tan list... my main opponents are going to be Orks (shooty, serious Loota obsession) and Space Marines. I'm also on a fairly tight budget so... it's gotta be one army :mad: Haven't bought the minis yet so feel free to make some critiques.

Autarch (115)
Power Weapon, Reaper Launcher, Mandiblasters
The reaper launcher is Heavy; probably use a fusion gun
Striking Scorpions with Wave Serpent (242)
5 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Scorpion's Claw
Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Starcannons and Shuriken Cannon
I'd switch the starcannons for scatter lasers
Guardians with Starcannon (105)
10 Guardians
Probably missile launcher
Dire Avengers (102)
5 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon, Shimmershield and Bladestorm
too expensive. If you've only got the five...find a way to get another five? That, or field them without any upgrades inside a tank, which lets the tank count as scoring.
Dark Reapers (217)
5 Dark Reapers, Exarch with Missile Launcher and Fast Shot
I prefer crack shot, it does the same thing in a number of situations. I also warn you; the ability to crack armour sounds good, but is mostly annoying, because you waste all your other lovely marine-killing shots firing at a tank.
War Walker (70)
1 War Walker with Starcannon and Scatter Laser
I can see an argument for starcannons on outflanking walkers, because you can come in and deny cover saves. I still think it's too expensive. I'd use two scatter lasers, come in and point at the side armour of the most annoying tank.
(Total 851)

Any and all help is appreciated!
Not a bad list, given what you'd be buying. I'd really, really recommend playtesting before you buy any of your additional models.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Why does everyone take missile launchers for dark reapers. Killing tanks is not their forte. However using a tempest launcher and crack shot for the same points you get a barrage weapon (does not need LOS) shooting 2 smal templates that strikes at S4 (with rerolls) is AP3 and ignores cover. What is there not to like about that!

For the scorps I recommend dropping the scorpions claw. Pick up either chainsabres or biting blade as this gives his I6 some use. The claw only strikes at S7 anyway.

If you were not concerned about the battleforce I would say drop the guardians but if you want to stick with them then use a EML. Fir the DA to be effective add at least the other 5 members.

Finally I agree the war walker would work better with 2 scatter lasers. However I believe the kit has one so the pther weapon would be better as a shuriken cannon than starcannon.

Ignore wraithguard. They are too slow in low points games and cost around 8 pounds 50 pence per model. That is very not cost effective.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Alright guys - revised list. It'll be more expensive, but I'll do some playtesting with the battleforce as I save. So - voila! A revised army, still based around the battleforce.

Autarch (120)
Swooping Hawk Wings, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun, Mandiblasters

Striking Scorpions with Wave Serpent (222)
5 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Biting Blade
Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Scatter Lasers and Shuriken Cannon

Guardians (80)
10 Guardians

Dire Avengers (162)
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon, Shimmershield and Bladestorm.

Dark Reapers (197)
5 Dark Reapers, Exarch with Missile Launcher

War Walker (60)
1 War Walker with Scatter Lasers

(Total 841)

The only thing I'm worrying about at this point is the Space Marine Termies, and maybe anti-vehicle. Any thoughts? I could probably get away with another 10-15 points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts