Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....without Huge ships though (yet....just a matter of time) :laugh:

I'm about to play a 300 point match against the girlfriend on this glorious battlefield:

Just picked up the planet mat today, it pleasantly reminds me of Hoth (for when we do get the Rebel Transport) and I'm pretty OK with how close the blues are considering they're from completely different sources. I'm going to run this list:

YT-2400:
Dash Rendar
Veteran Instincts, Mangler Cannon, Outrider, Engine Upgrade

YT-1300:
Chewie
C-3PO, Gunner, Millennium Falcon, Predator

2x A-Wings:
Green Sq. Pilots
Proton Rockets, Stealth Device

2x X-Wings:
Red Sq. Pilots
R7 Astromech

2x Y-Wings:
Grey Sq. Pilots
R2 Astromech, Ion Turret, Shield Upgrade, BTL-A4

2x Z-95's:
Tala Sq. Pilots
Assault Missiles, Munitions Failsafe

No idea what she'll do specifically, but there's a Decimator, 5x TIEs, Defender, Phantom, Firespray, and Advanced coming out no doubt. Whaddaya think, people who have played large games, do I have a decent setup here or is there room for improvement? I'll likely be playing at least one more 300 point game next weekend with some friends, would love to hear some feedback on the Rebel list I have going on here. There's also 300 point Imperial and Scum lists, they might rear their heads in this thread depending on how conversation goes. I have a hard time not flooding this little forum with list posts sometimes :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Is this the whole force? Because It seems rather "Light" even though it is 300 points.

I usually play Epic games with the "fun" mindset in, more so than a "I want a skillful challenge aka competitive" at 100 points It is here where I play a lot of characters compared to when I do not - For example Dutch.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 ships is light, eh? Definitely me trying to use all my ships, I was pretty stoked to use all names pilots but that adds up fast. I could clean up around 16 points by dropping down to the least expensive pilots to upgrade a few.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I usually play 300 point games where there are at least 3 people per side, so I can get a free chance to utilize more "fun" stuffs - hence use of Dutch. We also have the house rule of only only player can have a unique card (so no multiple Chewie Falcons and such)

----

by "light" I meant that it had only 2 special dudes, then a bunch of redshirt equivalents.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, that makes sense. I dropped a Y-Wing so that it can be used with my Scum ships to get them to 300 for a game, this is what I came up with using names pilots and the remaining ships:

YT-2400:
Dash Rendar
Veteran Instincts, Mangler Cannon, Outrider, Engine Upgrade

YT-1300:
Chewie
C-3PO, Gunner, Millennium Falcon, Predator

A-Wing:
Tycho Celchu

A-Wing:
Jake Farrell