Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a seasoned 40k player with chaos and marines, wanted to expand to eldar and was looking to start collecting models for this army please let me know what you guys think.
HQ-
1 Farseer with Ward,Witness,Spirit Stone, Doom, and Fortune

1 Farseer with Witness, Spirit, Doom Fortune

2 Warlocks with Conceal

Troops
10 Dire avengers W/ Exarch double catipults, Bladestorm
1 Wave serpent w/ spirit stone, cannon

10 Dire avengers W/ Exarch double catipults, Bladestorm
1 Wave serpent w/ spirit stone, cannon

6 Jetbikes w/ 2 cannons

Elite
10 Harlequins w/ kiss, 2 Fusion pistols, Shadowseer, troup master

Heavy
2 Fire prisms with Star engines

Fast
3 Vypre w/ bright lance

**** Can also remove warlocks to give the 2 fire prisms holo- feilds****

I figured i would put a farseer and a warlock with each unit of dire avengers giving my wave serpents re-roll able cover saves when needed pop out blade storm then get back in and run off, this would give me a lot of mobile firepower. Vypre are for tank killing, fire prisms are to make up for what needed ordinance or tank killing. Harliquins are to pick out juicy targets and strike where needed.
Again this is my first army so please feel free to critique me and let me know what i can improve, thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Warlocks aren't independent characters, and the minimum squad size for them is 3. So you can't split them up OR stick them in with the DA's. I'm guessing the point of the conceals was to get cover saves on your DA's...nice try. Man, I wish.
I'm gonna say that the vypers with bl's are a trap. You might field them with scatter lasers (and possibly added shuriken cannons), but I don't think any other way.

Some aspects of the list are also a bit of a waste. F'rinstance, double Dooming Farseers. In many situations, you'll be firing at the same target. So you can switch one Doom to guide, or something else.
I also think the star engines on the prisms are a bit of a waste. They do let you do some really cool things, but you can already move 24" a turn. Spirit stones or shuriken cannons are probably better.

I don't like the Harlequins in this list, I don't think they work. They're a tricky enough unit already, and they've got too much on their plate in this list.
I'd drop the vypers and harlequins, shove in a squad of 6 fire dragons in a wave serpent, and then i'd think about my options.

Maybe:
-drop one of the farseers, or drop both and take eldrad
-use points to upgrade the guns on the DA transports to brightlances, or scatter lasers with added shuriken cannons.
-warlock for the jetbike squad? Probably has a spear for 'throwing and then running away', the Eldar teenager game.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I think you might want to take some Dark Reapers? They are incredibly effective. Either that or another squad of Dire Avengers, as they can kick out a hell of an attack against a Doomed unit using Bladestorm.

I don't know what you'd swap out, but perhaps the Vypers... they're very flimsy, after all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thought with the harliquines was to be able to hit a objective that was held by hardcore cc units, i like having some close combat options in a army never gone purely shooty, maybe i should try it. But i want to have something that's viable to tie up uber cc units. Maybe if add shimmershield, and defend to the DA??? Or are there any close combat troops that would fit this army better? I'm going to look at points and remove the vypre and add 6 fire dragons in a falcon if i can get the points some where but the harlequins are alot of points so i have to figure out what to do with that. I really want to keep the star engins because there have been many games where i turbo boost with my bikes to contest objectives, bikes people expect to go 24 so that strat only works some of the time. With star engines it gives me another 12" and it may be the difference between a win or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts