Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/rebirth-first-edition.html

Nick Kyme said:
Sisters of Battle, the Black Legion, a fresh cast of Fire-born and threads that spin out from the first trilogy, it's a brave new chapter in the saga of the Salamanders. Rebirth is about a beginning, but also the distant heretical echoes of the past some ten thousand years in the making. It's a story long in the making, enshrined in a First Edition epitomising everything a finely crafted artefact of the Salamanders should be."

- Nick Kyme
Apparently the success of Talon of Horus means we're getting the second First Edition book very soon after. After seeing this and reading the description of it, i've decided that I will be getting it and any future First Editions in place of the LE novellas, which haven't really felt worth the money in quite some time.

LotN

·
Registered
174 Posts
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/rebirth-first-edition.html

Apparently the success of Talon of Horus means we're getting the second First Edition book very soon after. After seeing this and reading the description of it, i've decided that I will be getting it and any future First Editions in place of the LE novellas, which haven't really felt worth the money in quite some time.

LotN
I'm with LotN,
Though I doubt this one will sell as well as Talon of Horus.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hrm, severely dubious about this one. While I dont think Kyme is that bad as some is making him out to, he is just not in the league of ADB. Ive already resolved to get the Black Legion series in First Edition. This one? It can wait for ebook.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
50€ for a Nick Kyme book? Ouh, you so funny BL.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmmm, only read Promethean Sun by him, which i didnt think was that bad, I do have his Salamanders Trilogy in my bookcase so think i'll give the first a read after im done with Ragnar's Claw, see if hes worth forking £40 over :laugh:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I only bought the first one because Aaron is an exceptional writer and I love reading his books. I won't be buying this. Not a chance.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I only bought the first one because Aaron is an exceptional writer and I love reading his books. I won't be buying this. Not a chance.
Same here.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yeah, I mean there has been so much hype about Aarons novel, the expectation and anticipation are through the roof. The extracts have been amazing, well received. I could go on for ages. What's Kymes? Nothing warrants this, if anything it just cheapens the worth of future First Editions if you ask me, or doesn't make them seem as exclusive.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My speculation is that GW thinks that Nick Kyme is good, and or his novels have sold better than people here gives crecendence to. Most likely they had this planned a long time ago, as it takes time to make and design such LE books.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Yeah, I mean there has been so much hype about Aarons novel, the expectation and anticipation are through the roof. The extracts have been amazing, well received. I could go on for ages. What's Kymes? Nothing warrants this, if anything it just cheapens the worth of future First Editions if you ask me, or doesn't make them seem as exclusive.
I agree with that 100%. In fact I'm kind of upset that BL would milk something like this. People start getting selective when the quality doesn't reflect a certain standard. ADB's book will probably be the standard considering he is a great story teller even if some of his new lore vexes you a bit.

My speculation is that GW thinks that Nick Kyme is good, and or his novels have sold better than people here gives crecendence to. Most likely they had this planned a long time ago, as it takes time to make and design such LE books.
You know what? The Salamanders series was very average. The first book was okay in my eyes. But the book series actually attracted many readers. I do think Nick Kyme has a descent following though. I feel this move is calculated because of Nick Kymes small following along with that group of fans who have been waiting for a long time for the Sisters to get some serious lore. I'm only disappointed because I don't think the story is that big, but who knows, it could be. I really did not like his Heresy work so I think thats partly why I have in a sense made a conclusion about his work.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Hopefully people will vote with their pockets like they've done with Ravenlord.

I know i have. I have used alternative sources so i can keep up to speed but only buy those i like after or i believe will be good. After feeling let down by abnetts TUE that list of authors is limited to Wraight and ADB/Deadblueclown. I don't like feeling cheated for my money.

It is also why i am not picking up any first editions. I don't do it in video games that don't provide stuff I'll want outside of the game, because in game it is simply a matter of having a box ticked which limits it. Paying to win and microtransactions Etc i disagree with, and this is paying to get a new book cover.

Fuckin woop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 70 Posts