10 bloodletters (Instrument of Chaos)-165pts
5 blood crushers-200pts
2 fiends of slaanesh-60pts
1 skulltaker-140pts
5 flesh hounds- 75pts +35 for karanak-110pts
10 furies- 150pts
9 screamers of tzeentch- 144pts
1 soul grinder-135pts, +50pts phlegm and tongue-185pts
1 daemon prince-80pts, +60 daemonic flight,+15 mark of khorne,+30 blessing of the blood god and death strike.185pts
1 skarbrand-300pts
total-1994pts
need some help first army i have built.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on going Chaos Daemons! You'll get plenty of good advice here (I recently did) but you probably need to provide more information. Do you own any of these models already? Are you going for a particular theme concerning Gods (Khorne) or HQ (Skarbrand)? Is this army for fun or tournament?

In any case, EVERYONE is about to tell you Furies stink, Screamers are lame, and most importantly is to Max-Out your Fiends!

·
Registered
648 Posts
In any case, EVERYONE is about to tell you Furies stink, Screamers are lame, and most importantly is to Max-Out your Fiends!
My work here is done :p

This army is too much of a grab bag. It has no overall focus. I'd try and figure out what sort of army you want to do (balanced, mono-god, themed, any particular style of play, monster mash, etc) and build your list around that unifying theme. Makes for a much more effective army.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If that's what I've been preaching I retract my statements. Fiends are ace, but maxing them out isn't a necessity. And screamers are good. Just not important. But good nonetheless.
And Furies are, well they are pretty useless. Possibly even worse than that.

My work here is done :p
If advocating unoriginality, list repetition and extreme redundancy, then job well and truly done.
But it's really a matter of opinion. Point is we are both wrong as much as we are right.

This army is too much of a grab bag. It has no overall focus. I'd try and figure out what sort of army you want to do (balanced, mono-god, themed, any particular style of play, monster mash, etc) and build your list around that unifying theme. Makes for a much more effective army.
Now that's a statement I'd gladly back up. Focus, focus, focus. This is especially important with Daemons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now i have the bloodletters,daemon prince,and soul grinder. want army mostly khrone based and this is for both casual play and tournies

·
Registered
16 Posts
Increase the number of Fiends and add some Plaguebearers to hold objectives and increase durability. I don't own Fateweaver so I have no experience running him.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Fateweaver is slow, weak and expensive. What he provides in protection to others he lack to himself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
personaly i would have to say go with the fateweaver shur he isnt good in close combat but hes not to bad for shotting down armor 12 units and if u want objective holders u just keep the fatewaever withing 6 inchs of a unit of 10 horrors fate has a 3+ reroll and the horrors have a 4+ reroll and for close combat u can throw skarbran in there with a cuple of units of 15 deamenetts and another units i sujest is flamers and there amazing for droping larger units and/or tanks

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Or you could stop wasting points on expensive special characters and include some more units in the army.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you wana run skarbrand have lots and lots and lots of slannesh. they will almost certainly be hitting first and getting their rerolls on it. which is why as everyone has said already, fiends will be your BEST friend. and daemonettes.

otherwise id just run a bloodthirster with unholy might. he's cheaper and then you can keep with a more khorney theme. bloodletters are good but they are prone to being shot down before they get a chance to do any real damage. so maybe group your 30 letters into 2 groups of 15 rather than 3 groups of 10. id also drop the instrument and the fury as well. but thats just me.

drop the furies (as every else has said) and i would always recommend plaguebearers. those guys are awesome. and screamers are good (there always seem to be constant debates about screamers) but you dont need 9. just run 3. they do have a lot of usefulness. you can turbo-boost them everywhere giving them a 3+ cover save (and giving them a loooong range to move over). they count as equipped with meltabombs so are awesome against vehicles. can always find a use for them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think you need to decide on a HQ and give us a revamped list before going further. Trying to stay Khorne at 2000pts seems difficult as you won't be using your best units. Trying to help you build your own list, not tell you what we would take being the point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dont listen to these guys about skarbrand being only usful with slaanesh units, i allways take skarbrand with a khorne list, he is awesome... you just gotta be careful to try and allways get the charge of...Bloodletters with S5 I5 With 3 powerweapon attacks WS5 as well being toughness 4 beats the shit outta most things. khorne rules but its allways about the charge.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dont listen to these guys about skarbrand being only usful with slaanesh units, i allways take skarbrand with a khorne list, he is awesome... you just gotta be careful to try and allways get the charge of...Bloodletters with S5 I5 With 3 powerweapon attacks WS5 as well being toughness 4 beats the shit outta most things. khorne rules but its allways about the charge.
i said slannesh as not only do they have higher initiative but they also have grenades. And as everyone will no doubt be hiding in cover you'll always be attacking last meaning they get their re-rolls first. Thats why I said slannesh would be better. not saying Khorne would be crap (not at all) but with skarbrand, slannesh works better for me (despite him being khorne).

·
Registered
7 Posts
cut the 9 screamers down to 4 you dont need that many even with 4 your pretty much guaranteed to atleast wreck what ever tank they attack.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts