Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend has been trying to get me into fantasy but i still like 40k so i thought daemons i can use them for fantasy and 40k so this is my first list

i realy appreciate any comments

HQ
great unclean one (Wave 1)

ELITES
5 fiends of slaanesh (wave 1)

TROOPS

10 Bloodletters of khorne (wave 2)

10 Bloodletters of khorne-icon of khorne (wave 1)

10 Bloodletters of khorne (wave 2)

5 plaguebearers- icon of nurgle (wave 1)

5 plaguebearers- icon of nurgle (wave 2)

990 points

·
Registered
388 Posts
The big problem with this list is a complete lack of vehicle killing. A GUO is only 20 points more than Skulltaker without any upgrades, and for just a few points more its upgrades are very useful. While the GUO is better against things with a Toughness value, he's still an MC that's hard as hell (pun intended) to kill.

For more anti-vehicle, daemon princes with only one or two upgrades (Iron Hide and maybe a Mark) can be cheap and surprisingly effective. Also, don't underestimate a Flamer's ability to take out vehicles--auto glancing Land Raiders on a 4+ can be very nice, especially since daemon armies tend to have vehicle issues. Switching out a couple Bloodletters for Pink Horrors with Bolt of Tzeentch can help too, or Daemonettes for lower armor vehicles.

For the Troops, if I'm using bloodletters I don't like to put them in my first wave. They're pretty easy to kill, fairly slow and tend to draw a lot of attention--they're well known enough in the fluff that people see them and get rightfully afraid of letting them get into cc. I find they're a lot more effective when they come in after all your big scary stuff, so they live long enough to do something.

In general when you build daemon army lists in 40k, no matter what you take you'll absolutely murder anything with a toughness value, so you want to focus the list on killing vehicles as much as possible. After that any compulsory stuff or additional abilities of the vehicle killing things you take should be able to handle anything else.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
kk thats why the majority of my bloodletters are in wave 2 but i had to split them as evenly as possible so they had to go in wave one

edited i added a guo but he hasnt got any good ones i can take so he is bland

·
Registered
388 Posts
You could probably take the Icon off the Bloodletters from the first wave. They're enough of a target as it is and will likely just be a fire magnet anyway, so the icon is 25 points that could be spent giving your GUO some upgrades.

With the 35 points you'd have available, here's two packages I would suggest:

Cloud of Flies + Breath of Chaos -- Breath is one of the best attacks in the Daemons codex. 4+ wound/auto glance that ignores armor and cover saves. What's not to love? Plus if you're using this list against anything that has fast vehicles, Breath might be your only chance to slow them down. Him being Slow and Purposeful means they'll be able to just zoom around him and shoot if he has no way to slow them down right away. Plus it gives you something for him to do the moment he deep strikes. And don't be afraid to plop that guy in the middle of enemy territory, he can generally take it. That and Cloud of Flies provides your GUO with the equivalent of defensive grenades, which is extremely nice for making him even more difficult to kill.

Aura of Decay + Unholy Might -- His normal 2+ poison might make Unholy Might seem redundant, but since he's your only vehicle killer that will help him do so more reliably. Aura is also an often overlooked but absolutely amazing ability. It might not scare Space Marines or Orks that much, but most other things won't want to be in it, particularly not Eldar, Guardsmen or Tyranid gaunt swarms. And, most importantly, he can still fire it while in close combat, so why not? It doesn't slow you down in any way, so no matter what you're fighting you might as well try your luck with it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i actualy planned on field a summoned deamon guo whith my chaos army prob is they only have 1 of each deamon on one time and they have 2 keeper of secrets and no guo

edit i wanted to say the great unclean one is my favourite 40k unit

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinking of gettinf rid of the wave of blood letters in wave 1 and attaching 5 plague bearers to each squad it saves me a few points and i like plague bearers

·
Registered
320 Posts
you can always invest in some flamers instead of more plaguebearers. you can make a very nice suicide squad of three. just drop down and wipe out a squad or even mess up a vechile before it can do anything

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts