Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this list is my first dark angels and is still short on points by 65 so any suggestions would be cool.

Dark Angel

Death-raven list

HQ

Belial-130

Librarian- 155
Storm bolter
Bike

Elites

Dreadnought-195
Venerable
Multi-melta or assault cannon
Drop pod

Dreadnought-195
Venerable
Drop pod

Troops

Deathwing Terminator Squad-215
Lightning claws

Lightning claws

Fast Attack
Raven wing attack squadron-295
6 bikers
Power weapon
Melta-gun
Attack bike with multi-melta
Combat squad them

6 bikers
Power weapon
2 flamers
Attack bike with heavy bolter and twin linked bolters
Combat squad them

Land speeder-240
3 land speeders
3x Multi-Melta
1 typhoon
1 assault cannon

Total 1935

·
Registered
178 Posts
this list is my first dark angels and is still short on points by 65 so any suggestions would be cool.

Dark Angel

Death-raven list

HQ

Belial-130

Librarian- 155
Storm bolter
Bike

Of course you need belial, may I suggest you put him with 2x lc. The librarian doesn't need a bike. The DA psychic hoods covers the whole board so give him termi armor and attach him to a squad with belial and an apothecary.

Elites

Dreadnought-195
Venerable
Drop pod

Dreadnought-195
Venerable
Drop pod

I like my dredds with tllc and ml. That way you dont need to drop pod them and they give you some much needed tank busting.

Troops

Lightning claws

Lightning claws

I don't know if you mean all claws or just one out of the squad.Don't deep strike asssault squads. I run squads with ac/pf, sb/pw, sb/pf, sb/cf, 2xlc. It costs 250, is ready to do anything and all five guys being different will help with wound allocation. Two squads is not enough at 2k pts so you need at least one more troop choice. If you use sammael instead of the librarian all your bikes become troops and problem solved.

Fast Attack
6 bikers
Power weapon
Melta-gun
Attack bike with multi-melta
Combat squad them

Two melta guns and melta-bombs instead of power weapon. Send all the melta at some armor let the other three find a good spot to ds your terms.

6 bikers
Power weapon
2 flamers
Attack bike with heavy bolter and twin linked bolters
Combat squad them

I like two flamers and a powerfist. Don't split them and pick yuor targets well. they aren't that great in combat but can scoop in and pick up some pieces after a squad is shot up. If you use sammael his banner would be great here. Put a melta on the attack bike and run off and get in position to hurt some armor. These little buggers make great cheap distractions.

Land speeder-240
3 land speeders
3x Multi-Melta
1 typhoon
1 assault cannon

The typhoon in the DA book doesn't work as well as the sm one. I don't suggest using them. Take two of the speeders with the ravenwing squads if they are troops (sammael) it lets these guys count as scoring units. If not use multi-melta/heavy flamers. They make great transport busters and then toast the tasty insides.

Total 1935
Overall i run a similar list to great effect and your list just needs a few tweaks you can have a pretty decent army thats fun to play.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would be wary about having only two troops in the army.even if they are terminators a smart player will just kill them turn 1-2

·
Registered
548 Posts
one huge advantage with Deathwing termis is that you can put a AC or CL in a unit of close combat termis... turn one units deepstrike and unload with ACs then charge on turn two.

Want a fun surprise? for every heavy choice DA can select one tech marine... the servitor squads hare basically heavy weapons squads with PFs! Ohhh you say but there is more? yes they can use drop pods...

keep the Dreads with MM and drop pods, best tank busters in the game. Also a AC + HF can rip up troop on arrival, don't for get to shoot the HF first and get that template!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The list looks all right, But I think you will find more benefits using melta guns because they pic things off better and are the ultimate weapon for blowing up tanks. Lascannons are the thing of the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts