Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first army, so forgive me if it sucks.

HQ
Chaos Lord-160
Plasma Pistol
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon

ELITES
10 Chosen-285
Champion
Flamer
4 Power Weapons
Icon of Khorne

Dedicated Rhino-60
Dozer
Daemonic Possession

TROOPS
10 Marines-290
Champion with plasma pistol
2 plasma guns
Icon of Nurgle

9 Bezerkers-219
Champion with power weapon

Dedicated Rhino-60
Dozer
Daemonic Possession

FAST ATTACK
10 Raptors-210
2 Flamers

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators-225

1509/1500

If I'm doing something wrong, tell me. You wont hurt my feelings :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
This is my first army, so forgive me if it sucks.

HQ
Chaos Lord-160
Plasma Pistol
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
This guy is pretty wicked, I will not lie. The other day I got 17 powered attacks on the charge with him. That is pretty solid. What isn't solid is how quickly he dies and the fact that 1/6th of the time he is less then useful (from rolling a 1). I would say that for your first army you'd be better off with a Sorcerer or a Daemon Prince as either is better then a Lord.

ELITES
10 Chosen-285
Champion
Flamer
4 Power Weapons
Icon of Khorne
This unit would be quite something to have come off your flank. Again, the problem is inconsistency. Not only can you not determine when they will come in but you can't even decide where they come in. Unless you are going to infiltrate them, in which case I approve. However they can't bring that horridly expensive Rhino with them if that is the case.

Dedicated Rhino-60
Dozer
Daemonic Possession
Way too expensive. And can you even take DP on a Rhino? I dunno, I don't have my codex in front of me and I never take it with any upgrades besides EA anyway.

TROOPS
10 Marines-290
2 plasma guns
Icon of Nurgle
A squad of 10 Plague Marines with two plasma guns comes out to 275 points...and is 100% better then the above squad. If you are staying away from PM then don't bother with the IoN.

9 Bezerkers-219
Nothing wrong with this squad at all. You could afford to go down to 8 Zerks but you don't need to.

Dedicated Rhino-60
Dozer
Daemonic Possession
See above.

FAST ATTACK
10 Raptors-210
2 Flamers
Looks good. I tend to run mine as suicide squads of 5 men but this works and could put a hurting on a lot of things.

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators-225
Pure win. The only thing I would suggest is actually splitting them into three squads. I know this means more killpoints for your enemy, but it makes it more difficult for your opponent to deal with your heavy support as well as allowing you to hit more targets in a turn.

1509/1500

If I'm doing something wrong, tell me. You wont hurt my feelings :)
Over all, :good:. It could be a little more refined but that will mostly come from playing it learning what works and what doesn't. Hope you found this useful.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i ditch the lord for a prince with wings mark of nurgle its pretty hard to take down though mark of tzeech gives it a bit more staying power

and the chosen will work well if they outflank

·
Registered
941 Posts
interesting Idea with the 10 chosen, that's more than you typically see, for a first list good, I agree with everything IV says!:good:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, I changed it up some.

HQ
Daemon Prince-140
Mark of Nurgle
Doombolt

ELITES
10 Chosen-285
Champion
Flamer
4 Power Weapons
Icon of Khorne

Dedicated Rhino-35

TROOPS
10 Plague Marines-295
2 plasma guns

10 Bezerkers-240
Meltabombs

Dedicated Rhino-35

FAST ATTACK
10 Raptors-240
2 Flamers
Icon of Khorne

Heavy Support
Obliterator-75

Obliterator-75

Obliterator-75

1500/1500

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
I had a little play with the Codex...how about this as an all-purpose list?

HQ
• Daemon Prince
– Wings, Warptime
155 points

ELITES
• 5 Chaos Terminators
– Icon of Chaos Glory, 4 combi-meltas
180 points
• 5 Chaos Chosen Marines – Icon of Chaos Glory, 4 meltaguns
140 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
– Aspiring Champion with power weapon and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 flamers, Rhino
235 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers – Skull Champion with power weapon, Rhino
233 points
• 7 Plague Marines – Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltas, Rhino
256 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• 2 Obliterators
150 points

TOTAL:
1,499 points

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree with Svart, his list looks good and pretty much good against any army, you want something all purpouse like svart's list for your first army!:victory:

·
Registered
67 Posts
anyone who has played against Zerks berfore is going to try and chew them up before they can hit their lines. They're nasty little shits that eat everything, and your opponents should rightly fear them. In my army, I tend to run 8 zerks with a Chaos Terminator Lord (usually with Mark of Khorne) and stick them in a Land Raider. Land Raiders have the Assault Ramp special rule, which allows them to assault when they disembark, which is what Zerks NEED to do.

I would personally get rid of the Chosen and the Raptors, as they tend to be point-sinks that do little more than tie up and enemy for a round or two (raptors especially) Keep the plague marines, definitely, and use the additional 525 points to get either another squad of regular mook marines with some assault weapons (It tend to run melta guns, but its up to you) and either a Predator, Vindicator or some Havocs for long-range tank punch.

Your army so far is good, but against a heavy mech foe (Like IG) your guys are going to be eating more pie than a bakery buffet. Something with long range Las or Missle would def help you out.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree 100% with what original name says bout the Zerks. Land raiders have the huge assault ramp bonus and if you're using zerks you gotta get there fast and do as much damage as you can in your first turn. If your opponent has a plan using his middle units for example, and he wants to push them up, when you charge your zerks down the front lines in a land raider, they will shred the core to pieces. Think of them like a bunch of tazmanian devils from bugs bunny.

·
Registered
941 Posts
that's a (no offense) n00b mistake, if you want 1/5 of your army to be a transport, take a land raider, but 1/30 of you army ( a rhino) gets the job done!:biggrin:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Pot calling the kettle black? If you don't want to cause offense then don't insult someone. :biggrin:
I'm just trying to help, I sincerely apologize if I did any harm!:biggrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i guess a land raider IS 220 points heh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts