1 Skull Champ with PF
Meltabombs-255
Rhino

Heavy Support (Need to buy more)
Chaos Vindicator
Extra Armour
Daemonic Possession
Havoc Launcher?-175

My first army. I know it needs some work which is why i brought it here!

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks good and fluffy! drop the extra armor and you'll be great!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
941 Posts
always happy to help!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I would not go with MoK on the Daemon Prince. Stick Warptime on him with no mark, and he'll be a lot better than a MoK DP. Re-roll's to hit and wound beat one extra attack.

Also, drop a Berzerker from a squad so Kharn has a ride with his trusty blood-warriors

I would also drop the Possessed for some more heavy support when you get some :)
I recommend another Vindicator, as I have heard they work best in pairs

Good List :good:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Dawnstar is correct. Warptime over Mark of Khorne on the Daemon Prince.

Possessed are not very consistent and so are tactically weak. I recommend using the same models as Chosen and infiltrating or outflanking them. In fact, you could give 5 Chosen Meltaguns and a Rhino and still save on points.

The biggest weakness I see in your list is a lack of ranged anti-tank. You have enough MC and Power Fists so that if you chase something down you can pop it...but that requires your enemy to let you get that close.

As CSM, our options for ranged anti-tank really come down to Preds, Havocs, Obliterators and random Las in Chosen or regular CSM squads.

Obliterators are by far the best point-for-punch option but at $22 a piece are a bit pricey.

Preds come in at second best and have the advantage of being able to throw out more shots then even a pair of Oblits, however, preds tend to die quickly when they're seen as a threat.

Havocs are OK, but their lack of mobility can be crippling due to LOS issues. The same is true for Las wielding Chosen or Vanilla CSM.

In an ideal situation you'd want to drop the Possessed for 5 Chosen with 3x Melta and 2x Flamers and then add some Oblits in for some long range tank popping.

Hope you found this useful :) Let us know how you did with the list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the recommendations and ill let you know how it works out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts