Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to bt and warhammer 40k in general and i got my hands on a few bt stuff and my friend wants me to but together a 1k army to play his tau this weekend and from what ive seen he has 4 crisis suits cant remember what he has on them 1 broadside a hh a devilfish 2 10 man squads of firewarriors 2 3 man stealth suit teams one all burst the other all fusion and like 20 kroot and he said he got some new stuff. btw i hate tau.....:/

so heres what ive come up with i didnt have a lot to work with so bear with me

HQ
emperors champion- 140
accept any challenge

Elite
assault terminators 5- 225
5 TH/SH
furious charge
crusader seals

Dreadnought-145
multi melta/hvy flamer
venerable
drop pod-50
deathwind

Troops
crusader squads x2-120 each
5 initiate- power weapon
3 neophyte
rhino x2 -55 points each
extra Armour

Fast attack
assault squad 5-140
melta bombs
x2 plasma pistols
power weapon

total 1000
if my math is right

any suggestions on how to handle tau or what to tweak on my list is much appreciated this will be my first game with BT and if i can cut up an army of tau it will be so so sweet

·
Registered
281 Posts
Take out the assault terminators, on foot they're too slow to make it and if you deep strike them you give the tau a turn to move away and then shoot you. I'd use said points to flesh out the rest of your list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pretty sure the emp champion doesnt fill up an hq slot.
You're right it doesn't.

If you take out the assault terminators you could get a marshall or a high marshall and gear him up with anti-tank weaponry.

While playing Tau make sure you're moving through cover or out of their Line of sight, cause if his broad side or hammerhead spot you. It's game over for the rhinos :D. Don't be afraid to charge into close combat, Black Templars excel in CC and that's where Tau fall Short. Plus with accept any challenge no matter the odds, when you get stuck in you get preffered enemy "What ever army you're playing against" that makes it that much easier to flatten his Tau in CC quickly.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HQ
emperors champion- 140
accept any challenge

high marshal helbrecht-175

Elite
Dreadnought-145
multi melta/hvy flamer
venerable
drop pod-30

Troops
crusader squads x2-146 each
6 initiate- power weapon
5 neophyte
rhino x2 -55 points each
extra Armour

Fast attack
assault squad 5-140
melta bombs
x1 plasma pistols
power weapon

points 992

new and improved

·
Registered
344 Posts
pretty sure the emp champion doesnt fill up an hq slot.
correct, however according the black templars FAQ he does count as the minimal HQ choice.

while AACNMO is hands down the best vow you could save a few points by getting yourself the d6 move at the start of the game one, you don't need much help when it comes to killing tau in CC, you just need to get there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
correct, however according the black templars FAQ he does count as the minimal HQ choice.

while AACNMO is hands down the best vow you could save a few points by getting yourself the d6 move at the start of the game one, you don't need much help when it comes to killing tau in CC, you just need to get there.
All true. Champ can be the compulsory, just doesn't use a slot; you can have 3 HQ's if you want; one, no more, no less has to be the champ. Makes me wish I could take 2...

As for vows, I'm normally a big advocate of Accept any Challenge, but I've been branching out a bit lately... mostly because my opponenet's know what I'm bringing to the table, so I gear towards them as well. Abhor gives you just enough free moves to close with IG or Tau in spearhead, and against any variety of Eldar, if you're going to lose the Init. race anyway, why not do so at +1 S? However, points-to-point, Accept any challenge is better in general.

·
Registered
147 Posts
At 1k having 2 hq's is a little excessive, i would drop helbracht and use the points to increase your squad sizes and possibly a couple of attack bikes, as if your freind is using devil fish, youll need something to crack their armour.

·
Registered
27 Posts
HQ
emperors champion- 140
accept any challenge

Elite
Dreadnought-145
multi melta/hvy flamer
venerable
drop pod-30

Troops
6 initiate- power weapon
5 neophyte
rhino x2 -55 points each
extra Armour

Fast attack
assault squad 5-140
melta bombs
x1 plasma pistols
power weapon

points 992

new and improved
Drop Hellbreacht (too expensive at 1k list)

Drop the drop pod of the Dreadnought give it LAscannon-ML and Tank hunter vs vehicles,

And hoy have 163 points to fill what you need ++

·
Registered
27 Posts
HQ
emperors champion- 140
accept any challenge

Elite
Dreadnought-145
multi melta/hvy flamer
venerable
drop pod-30

Troops
6 initiate- power weapon
5 neophyte
rhino x2 -55 points each
extra Armour

Fast attack
assault squad 5-140
melta bombs
x1 plasma pistols
power weapon

points 992

new and improved
Drop Hellbreacht (too expensive at 1k list)

Drop the drop pod of the Dreadnought give it LAscannon-ML and Tank hunter vs vehicles,

And you have 163 points to fill what you need ++

Rhino has 10 transport capacity how you have 11models units? :puke:

MAke 10man units and 9+champion

And maybe and 1 more dread - tank vs vehicles... And list its ok!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts