Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
After a few years of reading Warhammer (40k) novels I have decided to start playing the tabletop game. I got the CSM codex from my local GW- store and this is what I came up with for a 1000 point limit game.
This is my first attempt on a list so suggestions and critics are greatly appreciated.:grin:

HQ: 155 points
Chaos Lord, MoK, Chaos Bike, SoC, AoBF

FA: 155 points
Chaos Bikers, +2 Bikers, MoK, 2 melta, LC

Troop (1): 242 points
CSM, +5 CSM, 2 Plasma, VotLW, PW
Rhino, Havoc Launcher

Troop (2): 232 points
CSM, +5 CSM, 2 Melta, VotLW, PW
Rhino, Havoc Launcher

HS (1): 107 points
Predator, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher

HS (2): 107 points
Predator, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher

998 points in total.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow. That's actually not bad for a newbie. Good job! :victory:

I'm not so sure on how effective the havoc launcher is these days. Hopefully somebody who's a little more up-to-date than me can comment on them.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mh, at 1000 pts only cheese necron or chaos bring enough aircraft to be a problem.
Havocs can be really annoying if paired with other antiinfantry weapons the way you are going. I'd just swap plasmaguns for meltaguns and give the space marines champions combimelta and meltabombs instead of PW, because let's be honest: you dont want those guys to be in cc, you want them to bust tanks, MC's and terminators.
the rest is a solid list.
way to go ;)
Cheers

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Havoc launchers are actually quite nasty, all considered, provided they're on a vehicle tough enough to get a few shots off. Or in such numbers as provided here.

Seriously, though, good list. I'd personally drop the VotLW and PW from the CSM squads in favor of kitting out the predators with super-dakka--another combi-bolter and combi-plasma on each of them. I'd also buy meltabombs for the Lord and Biker champ so they don't get stuck against an Ironclad Dreadnought or Soul Grinder or something, which would slowly munch through their unit while they're incapable of touching it or fleeing.

Any remaining points I would put into buying extra cc weapons for the melta CSM squad. Those that you can't buy ccws for, swap their bolter for a free ccw, I'd say. (bear in mind you need to buy the ccw for the meltagunners, since they've already swapped their bolters, and that the champion comes with a ccw already). Just to give them a slightly larger oomph in close combat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts