Commander Dante - 255

Troops

5 x Sanguinary Guard (1 pwr fist, 1 infernus pistol) - 220 pts

5 x Sanguinary Guard (1 pwr fist, 1 infernus pistol) - 220 pts

Elites

Sanguinary Priest (Jumppack, Melta bombs) - 80 pts

Sanguinary Priest (Jumppack, Melta bombs) - 80 pts

Furioso Librarian Dread (Sheild of S and Wings of S) - 175 pts

Pretty simple list really. Really loverly models and should let me have a play with making a nice looking libby dread. C & C welcome :angel:

·
Registered
990 Posts
For fun anything is good. :)

However...

Only 10 scoring models, not good. Not when their focus is melee too.

1 Furioso Librarian with a big bulls eye painted on his torso. Since there's no other targets with AV all S8+ will go on him.

I guess it all depends on how fast you can get into hth and kills stuff.

Dallas

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i was answering another poster's thread in the Tyranid section, and came up with this idea:

Libby
Libby

RAS in LR
(5 Marines total, sgt. with PF)

RAS in LR
(5 Marines total, sgt. with PF)

LS with HF
LS with HF

heeee!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a little play with the list and changed thigs around a bit. Dropped the dead for a 3 man DC squad with 1 power fist (also lets me convert their squad and the priests from 1 box - win)

I have a daemon army so it'll run like theirs...except i wont scatter as much, and i get rerolls for reserves so should see alot more reliably entering troops.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cool. Your next upgrade should be Vanguard Vets, as an ex-Daemons player myself I know the idea of assaulting the turn you deep strike has got to get you going! :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha and the dissapointment of dante not being able to join them and gain that. I'd love a deepstriking unit that walked strait into assault.

How effective is it in play? With having to declare you heroic intervention before you hit the floor i can see alot of scatters pusing you just beyond assault range and unable to assault or shoot that turn.

I play fiends with my daemons so i'm used to DS'ing behind cover and next turn pushing the assault from range which is my play with the BA's. I've learnt from the daemons when playing armys with randomness your best not adding to it unless you like sado masochism and all that jazz.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Haha and the dissapointment of dante not being able to join them and gain that. I'd love a deepstriking unit that walked strait into assault.

How effective is it in play? With having to declare you heroic intervention before you hit the floor i can see alot of scatters pusing you just beyond assault range and unable to assault or shoot that turn.

I play fiends with my daemons so i'm used to DS'ing behind cover and next turn pushing the assault from range which is my play with the BA's. I've learnt from the daemons when playing armys with randomness your best not adding to it unless you like sado masochism and all that jazz.
Well VV only scatter 1D6 because of DOA so you are pretty much odds on to get the charge, it won't work every time & you'll even lose them in some games (but this is 40k so what's new!?) plus if you throw some locator beacons on your drop pods etc they can use them to come in and not scatter at all. I don't think Dante scatters so he can DOA behind cover and then leap out next turn, all good stuff.

Dallas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts