Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

First attempt at a competetive 1500 list

788 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jayromandell 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, any feedback on this list from a competitive sense would be great.

HQ
Farseer-Jetbike
Total: 115

Troops
6 Windrider Jetbikes, 2 Shurican cannons (Farseer joins this unit)
Total: 122

5 Dire avengers, Wave serpent, twin linked scatter laser, shurican cannon, holofields
Total: 210

5 Dire avengers, Wave serpent, twin linked scatter laser, shurican cannon, holofields

Heavy Support:
Wraithknight
Total: 240

Fire Prism, Shurican cannon, holofields
Total: 150

Fire Prism, Shurican cannon, holofields
Total: 150

Total: 1407 (93 points spare)

What should I take with my 97 remaining points? I could take 5 warp spiders (although I need to find 2 points for that), or another unit of Jetbikes, or a jet warlock and give spirit stones to the wave serpents.

The basic strategy is to shoot a lot of twin linked shots (21 shurican cannon, 12 Scatter laser, 3d6+4 S7 serpent shield shots, 2 heavy wraithcannon shots and 2 prism beams, almost all of which twin linked), all wave serpents should be twin linked thanks to the scatter laser and can decimate light vehicles and put wounds on infantry, the farseer can then twin link two other units depending on what's needed (typically the wraithknight and a fire prism). The Wraithknight hunts heavy vehicles, MC and the like and thanks to prescience and can be a counter assault unit if need be. With everything moving quickly and able to be effective against multiple unit types I think the list has potential. Although I'm concerned about how well it will do taking on flyers (such as cron air or FMC spam) but reluctant to take Dark reapers or a crimson hunter.

Thanks for your feedback.

See less See more
#2 ·
The list looks sound as long as you do not get grounded. It is hard not to take lists since GW forced flyers down everyone's throats to be competitive. I would go with the hunter before I took reapers but you have enough TL shots that you should be able to handle them. I thought about swooping hawks to just pop in and out with your spare points or just get another jetbike squad

#3 ·
This is the sort of list that just ignores flyers. Between cover and mass AV12, there really isn't much any flyer in the game can do to you- each Night Scythe averages 1 HP each, Vendettas are actually worse than that.

I don't see much value in a Farseer in Mech- his main advantage is TLing everything near him, but between Jetbikes and Scatter Lasers, basically everything already has TL anyways, so it's moot. I'd be looking to drop him for either a Spiritseer or Autarch- mostly because they're cheaper.

I also don't really love the Wraithknight- he's tough, but not invulnerable, and costs a lot for not a lot of output.

I'd look to drop the Farseer and Wraithknight, and grab a Spiritseer and 5 Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent. This nets you 5 more T6 scoring units, a guy who can buff those units, and gets you more S10 (albeit at shorter range). This should leave you with around 77pts spare; I guess you could use it to grab a 3-man jetbike squad or something.

#4 ·
Think about taking a 3 man squad of Shining Spears to back up your Guardian Bikes. and take the Spirit Stone of Anath'lan for your Farseer to help you cast more powers a turn. Since he's already on a bike he'll get the 3+ AS and the jink save.

#5 ·
Coke, I dont know about the knight. I think the units you are suggesting are right on. That being said, the knight busts ass. I know people freak about the no inv and the cost and the 3 plus, but he puts some serious hurt on. I have yet seen one not earn back its points and cause stains in peoples pants. They draw a ton of fire and grab cover saves real easy and move around like they are on fire. Granted in a 1500 list he is taking a lions share of points but they can really be worth it.

All that aside, I think this list looks better with him nixed along with the FS and adding a spirit the guard and pop them into a serpent (scatter laser holo, vector). Thats gives you 6 tanks, four of which take an immense amount of fire to bring down.

Some units that I am finding are working real good are spiders where the exarch has fastshot and the spinneret rifle. If you can find the room for them, they put on some hurt. I might also make one of the prisms a night spinner. You will be surprised at the pain they bring. Torrent a s7 thing over several rhinos is pretty boss, or just putting a big template over stuff is also fun times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.