Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't been collecting orks for long and I have only just got 1000 points with what I've got. But there are some things I'd like to drop (my bikers for instance). But I'm aiming for 1500 points and I've made an army list. Depending on the feedback I may aim for this army or change it.

Do here we go.

HQ

Warboss - Power Klaw, Shoota/Skorcha kombi weapon, Attack squig, cybork body, eavy armour and bosspole - 125 points

Big Mek - Shokk attack gun, cybork body, eavy armour and bosspole - 115 points

Troops

20 shoota boyz - 1 big shoota, Nob with power klaw and bosspole - 165 points

19 shoota boyz - 1 big shoota, Nob with power klaw and bosspole - 159 points

Elites

10 Lootas - 150 points

10 Lootas or Burna boyz - 150 points(reccomendations needed here)

Fast Attack

3 Deffkoptas - 3 twin-linked rokkit launchas - 135 points

Heavy Support

3 Killa kans - 3 rokkit launchas - 150 points

1 deff dread - dreadnaught power weapon and skorcha - 95 points

1 deff dread - dreadnaught power weapon and skorcha - 95 points

1 battlewagon - ard case, deff rolla, armour plates, zzap gun and 2 big shootas - 160 points

grand total - 1499 points

Soooooo is this any good for a nwebie?

The point behind only having 19 shoota boyz is so that when the warboss joins the squad he can ride in the battlewagon with the squad s it'll make 20.

·
Registered
159 Posts
only allowed 3 heavy choices (plus you can take an extra def dred because of big mek rule). Think about the army as a whole and not just the unit. aways put kustom force field on big meks, it does wonders for your army that normally takes t-shirt saves. get normaly boys not shoota boys. orks have a bs of 2. don't waste money giving them big guns when they won't hit the target anyways. Orks never win shooting battle. Ork is all about numbers so drop stuff and add a lot more boys, or give them trukks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Personally, I don't like the shokk attack gun because half of the time you end up hurting yourself. I would drop the big mek and get some more boys. :victory:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I disagree strongly that orks can't be shooty. Sure, I only have a 1/3 chance of landing a hit, but I also have strength of numbers when firing. If they're walking, they should be shootas, no question. Also the KFF is worth more to the ork army than any other 50 points you could spend. Get it, love it, maybe dodge a bullet or two. Walk mechs in front of the boyz and you've got mobile cover.

If your burnas are in the transport, I'd consider using them, otherwise I'd take more lootas. Course burnas are also fun, so have it whatever way you'd like. Just keep in mind that burnas are likely to be shot on the trip over and are only boyz with big guns, so they may high tail it out before they can even get in.

Consider splitting up the deffkoptas into three separate squads. You give up more kill points, but hey, two won't bug out when one dies at least!

Most people like Kanz over dreads because they're more point efficient, but you can go whatever way you please. I'd only mention that if you're trying to walk the mechs in front of the boyz for cover, three killa kanz cover up more than one dread does for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts