Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is my first attempt at a 1000 point list, and I haven't played since 4th ed so I will do my best :p (Note I have built everything but the marines so I would only like critique on upgrades and what I should build my chaos marine squads with as that is the only thing I can change at this point. Also I can change the weapon options on the vehicles since i built them to be detachable.)

1000 Points Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines

HQ
lvl 2 chaos sorcerer w/ VOTLW - 90

FAST ATTACK
Helldrake w/ baleflamer - 170

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator w/ siege shield and combi bolter - 135

TROOPS
x10 chaos marines w/ VOTLW, close combat weapons, 2 meltas, and power sword - 205
x10 chaos marines w/ VOTLW, 2 plasma, and power sword - 195

TRANSPORTS
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35

TOTAL - 1000 pts

Thanks in advance for any advice! Iron within iron without!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
List can be ok. Just a thing: the sorceror is walking alone. And he is just going to die.
Also, seems pretty useless in this list. I'd rather do this:

HQ
Chaos Lord, Bike, Power Sword, VoTLW - 105

FAST ATTACK
Helldrake w/ baleflamer - 170
3 Bikers, meltagun - 80

HEAVY SUPPORT

TROOPS
A)
x10 chaos marines w/ VOTLW, close combat weapons, 2 meltas, and power sword - 205
B)
x5 chaos marines w/ VOTLW, plasmagun- 95

TRANSPORTS
Rhino A, dirge caster - 40
Rhino B- 35

TOTAL - 1000 pts

This way you have an Hq that might actually do something and get some bodyguards. Also, lots of marines for static firing is not so good and giving a shooty unit a melee weapon is not going to help you a lot.

If you are not going to swap the sorceror, then reduce the Squad B) to 5 marines with a plasmagun and buy the sorceror the burning brand of Skalathrax.
Imo, the 3 bikers should stay anyway. they are just so flexible!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already bought the chaos sorcerer and I am only 19 so I cant really afford to just waste the model since I make minimum wage so again I really cant get different unit than I have unless they can go towards my 1500 and 1850 lists

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
unless they can go towards my 1500 and 1850 lists
Oh well, at 1500 you definitely want some bikers or spawns. No waste there.

However, just dropping a plasmagun and 2 marines will make enough room for the sorceror to ride with the squad and to give him the burning brand of Skalathrax, some points to spare for an havoc launcher maybe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I take off the combi bolters or siege shields from the vindi's or do I need them on there? and thats a good idea actually for putting the sorcerer in there, thanks! is it ever a good idea to put a sorcerer solo if he has terminator armor?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Can I take off the combi bolters or siege shields from the vindi's or do I need them on there?
combibolters are a 50% chance that any weapons destroyed result will spare your battlecannon...so they shoud stay. The siege shields are meh. do as you like with those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts