Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just been finishing up with my 40k and decided to start a new fantsy army because of the new rule book and all. this is the first time i've atempted a fantasy list but i have had a look at others on the net. anyway heres my atempt.

Exalted hero - 214pt
mark of khorne
juggernaut
shield
flail
collar of khorne
favour of the gods

Chaos sorcerer - 130pt
Mark of Tzeentch
book of secrets

Warriors of chaos - 244pt
12 Warriors W/ halberds and shields
Mark of slaanesh
musician
standard
commander

Chaos marauders - 122pt
20 marauders
W/ flails
standard
musician
mark of slaanesh

War hounds - 30pt
5 warhounds

War hounds - 30pt
5 warhounds

Chaos Knights - 230pts
5 knights
Mark of khorne

TOTAL- 1000pts

all C&C are welcome please remember im new to the game and this realy is and army to lear with but it would still be nice to win an occasional game.
thanks for reading.

·
Registered
442 Posts
you have spent 2 many points on heroes and the thing now is bigger units are beetter at the moment your warriors are 2 small and knights are meh in the new rules as anything with more ranks than you is stubborn try take 30/40 chaos warriors with halberds so then you get full attacks 4 the first rank and 1 attack from the second rank and third if your 10 wide a chaos lord with sheild and sword of might is doable 2 basically in 8th you can spend upto 25% lord same hero min25% core upto 50% special no more than 3 of the same untill 3k and upto 25% rare no more than 2 the same untill 3k

·
Registered
135 Posts
y would you field 40 chaos warriors in one unit? thats just stupid and very immoble for the most part. also the mark of slaanesh is not all that good either. your ld 8 anway your not going to break or fail any fear/terror checks. Id take the mark of tzeentch because of with the new rules on hand weapon and shield its a 6+ ward with the mark it becomes a 5+ ward.

·
Registered
442 Posts
because bigger units are going 2 be the norm 10 wide 4 deep meaning you churn out a nice 41 attacks from the unit all at s5 with halberds meaning your opponent is not likely to be stubborn

·
Registered
135 Posts
that takes the fun out of the game now. 41 attacks? Your really willing to spend 140 bucks for all of this?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Bigger units are going to be the norm. 40 is the new 20 for 8th edition. And he needs to shift the Exalted hero to a lord, that will bring him into line.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah and make him more expensive. 40 is just too much. It makes armies all smaller.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I still stick to the several units. Although I use elves (of all 3 flavours) which are faster so these smaller units outmanouver the large units and then gain flank and even rear charges. Then said unit is in trouble-great when combined with an attack from coldone knights/white lions/wardncer etc in the front.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I still stick to the several units. Although I use elves (of all 3 flavours) which are faster so these smaller units outmanouver the large units and then gain flank and even rear charges. Then said unit is in trouble-great when combined with an attack from coldone knights/white lions/wardncer etc in the front.
see dont hold me to this but units with more ranks than the enemy are now stubborn and i do beleive that the said unit still gets the bouns even if you flank them, dont hold me to that, but if i am correct a smaller unit in the flank will damage a unit but is by no means guarrented to win outright. espescialy since fear no longer auto breaks (you needed need snake eyes to pass)

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have no idea on how flanking and ranks work right now so well find out for sure in 2 weeks. @cheesmiester: 72 pounds is about 106.9 usd and with all the international taxes and shipping and everything it comes up to be the same price so its still not really worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts