Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to suck, but this is my first army. I just bought them and from the looks of what I saw I figured this would be a good army.

HQ
Typhus-225

Daemon Prince-160
Wings
Winds of Chaos

Troops
[10] Plague Marines-315
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Meltabomb-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Plasma Gun

[10] Plague Marines-300
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Meltagun

[10] Plague Marines-285
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Meltabomb-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Flamers

[10] Khorne Berzerkers-300
1-Skull Champion-Power Fist-Plasma Pistol-Meltabombs
2-Plasma Pistol

[10]Khorne Berzerkers-300
1-Skull Champion-Power Fist-Plasma Pistol-Meltabombs
2-Plasma Pistol

Elites
[10] Chaos Terminators-455
1-Champion+Reaper Autocannon
1-Heavy Flamer
3-Mark of Nurgle+Combi Weapon(Plama and Flamer x1/Flamer and Plasma x2)
1-Champion+Lightning Claws
4-Lightning Claws

Heavy Support
[2] Chaos Land Raider-520(270 EA)
Extra Armor
Havoc Launcher
Possession

[3] Chaos Rhino-185
[3] Extra Armor
[2] Combi-weapon-Bolter and Flamer
[1] Havoc Launcher

[2] Obliterator Cult-150

Total Points: 3195/3000

Do correct me please. After all I am new to the game.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like it! Not bad at all in my mind it has most of what I look for in an army:biggrin:, by the way, red font is only for administrators, so don't use it!:shok:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edited accordingly.Also, I looked around a bit and took in what others used. I also Youtbue batreps, to help with some flaws and make my own fixes. I actually love thypus. I read his effect and abilities and the fact that when Manreaper wounds somebody, I do a test, I pass they die, I don't they are poisoned. Well thats just awesome.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The only things that jump out at me are you don't need possession and extra armour on a vindicator. Also the melta squads probably don't need a combiflamer.

Oh and three HQ choices. You can only have two Nurgle princes with warptime and wings are great for their points.

I love sorceres if you can put them in a rhino. You can't fit him so I would drop him.

You're on the right track. You just have more than you need.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You have 3 HQS! :) So that would be the first correction. You can only take two HQs in an army list so one of these bad boys has to go.. I dont envy the decision to leave one out haha

Take your plague marines in units of 7 also. If you must have combi-weapons have them match whatever the rest of the unit is carrying. ie. If you have two flamers take a combi-flamer. This will mean you can task each unit accordingly. 3 units of 7 should be sufficient and free up points for other things.

I am not so sure about your terminators they seem to be halfway between shooting and CC. I am guessing you will deepstrike them in without a Landraider though..

Here is a golden rule for Vindicators.. Give them daemonic possession. You dont EVER want to miss a turn of shooting because your opponent rolled a 2 on the damage table.. Not ever.. Also these are great taken in pairs like most heavy choices..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok so prince with Typhus instead of Typhus/Prince/Sorocer. Done.

Also, my Terms, I see as being my flexible unit. Kinda like Spec ops. Doing what needs to be done and can do any job. True enough small unit right now. Now I understand the whole Plauge at 7 that would give me 4 groups meaning more hits, freeing up a grand total of 46 points. this can be helpful for some lovely help. Now the thing about the Combi is that I see that swarm could be a pain in the old arse. So I want each unit with flame, just incase it comes into that. Terms are mix for that reason as well as being flexible.

Now as for the Vindicator, I would love to deploy two, sadly money will not allow a ssecond bought. However, no worries, I can easily get one a little while later. If I deploy two however, I will have tog et another unit of Marines or Terms, simply because I want one unit per transport. 10 Is the number I choose because of a few reasons, easier to keep track of, looks better, and my lucky number go figure.

I will take your help however, and I will do what I can. I will do the other things however, liek the HQ, my bad, once again my first time.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Also the melta squads probably don't need a combiflamer.

you really think so? other than that they don'y have much anti-hordes stuff

Oh and three HQ choices. You can only have two Nurgle princes with warptime and wings are great for their points.

oops, I missed that!
see above^^

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok for those not tracking like I was. I made a huge mistake. i put vindicator, but I meant Land Raider. Really a mess up on my end.

·
4,491 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to suck, but this is my first army. I just bought them and from the looks of what I saw I figured this would be a good army.

HQ
Typhus-225
Winds of Chaos
Nurgle’s Rot
Manreaper
Never used him, so cant comment.

Daemon Prince-160
Wings
Winds of Chaos
If your going with the Nurgle theme, i would run him with the MoN and Warptime instead of Winds of Chaos.

Troops
[10] Plague Marines-300
1-Plauge Champion-Power Weapon-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Plasma Pistol
Plasmaguns are far better than Plasma Pistols. Consider changing the Power Weapon for a Power Fist. You will be striking last 95% of the time anyway, so you may as well make the attacks at double strength.
Consider dropping the squad down to 7 or 8. Plaguemarines are very tough and hard to kill, and the points for those extra 2-3 models are better spent elsewhere.

[10] Plague Marines-290
2-Meltagun
As above. 2 Meltas are good.

[10] Plague Marines-270
2-Flamers
As above.

Elites
[5] Chaos Terminators-270
1-Champion+Combi Weapon(Bolter and Flamer)
2-Lightning Claws
1-Reaper Autocannon
1-Mark of Nurgle+Combi Weapon(Bolter and Flamer)
This is a very expensive squad, and their roles seem to be mixed. You have some geared for shooting, and others for close combat.
I would suggest trying to give them a certain role in the army. Either gear them for close combat with Lightning Claws, 1-2 Power Fists, and perhaps 1-2 Combi-Meltas... Or else gear them as a Termicide squad (3 models) that deep strikes and shoots Combi-Melta/Plasma.

Heavy Support
[1] Chaos Land Raider-270
Extra Armor
Havoc Launcher
Possession
Just give it Daemonic Possession, nothing else.

[3] Chaos Rhino-180(60 EA)
Extra Armor
Combi-weapon-Bolter and Flamer
Looks ok. Personally i dont give Rhinos that belong to Plague Marines any upgrades. The only time i upgrade them is Extra Armour if they have Berzerkers in them.
However, if you have spare points, Extra Armour or a Combi-weapon can be ok.

Total Points: 1965/2000

Do correct me please. After all I am new to the game.
My advise is above.

·
Registered
941 Posts
you do need ordanance, maybe 2 oblits, but also drop 1 termi and put typhus and 4 termies in the land raider

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
cool u don't need to lists typhus war-gear as it is unchangeable also even though my chaos are nurgle based i still have lash of submission i am thinking of changing it to mon and warp time but still lash is very awesome its fantastic if you use it with typhus winds of chaos arrange them for maximum hits as that is perfectly legal abit cheesy but u cap do it

·
Registered
268 Posts
No you can't

cool u don't need to lists typhus war-gear as it is unchangeable also even though my chaos are nurgle based i still have lash of submission i am thinking of changing it to mon and warp time but still lash is very awesome its fantastic if you use it with typhus winds of chaos arrange them for maximum hits as that is perfectly legal abit cheesy but u cap do it
Typhus is Nurgle so you can't have Slaanesh psychic powers

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i meant for deamon prince cause as i said before you cant change anything typhus has

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so I have changed and took advice from others. Also, there is a lot more points I understand that. Big points, I understand but still I have many plans for this army.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts