Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to getting a new army that gets me away from aqll the CC goodness that my Templars and Daemons have. Only want a small force to start for use in the silly 500 pt tournies my local store always seems to have. Ideally I want a list that i can expand into a 1500 pt list when I have the funding.

Anyway heres what i've got as a start:

HQ

Farseer - Jetbike, Singing spear, Mind War - 108pts

Troops

5 Guardian Jetbikes - 1 Shuriken Cannon - 120 pts

Fast Attk

Vyper - Bright Lance - 75pts

Vyper - Bright Lance - 75pts

498pts total

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think as long as you stay out of cc you will be fine. As soon as he catches you, your going to get hurt. It is a nice simple 500 point list.would be fun to play.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The only thing i would do with it is change the brightlances to scatter lasers or EMLs. The vypers don't have the ballistic skill to reliably use single shot weapons. Also you wont be facing many high AV tanks at this stage. If you do see the odd landraider then you at least have the singing spear, or can just ignor it. I play a very similar list at 500 and the extra 6 in the assult phase can really shine for you here. Its a really fun list to use. Good luck!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Saim Hann theme going on here? NICE I LIKE IT :grin: Might i suggest dropping mind war on the farseer as you proberly won't have anyone of worth to use it on in 500pts. Give him guide instead to ensure that every shot counts, i also agree with cocokoala, drop the bright lances and get EMLs or Satter lasers,these coupled with guide would be nigh unstoppable. Personaly i would take Scatter lasers then you give your farseer fortune aswell as guide, if you take EMLs you will only have enough for mind war and guide but its up to you. Overall it looks good and hope you win, good luck and happy gaming.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see your point with the Bright lances - So yeah easly willing to drop them down to EML's.

I'm then just stuck with what to do with the farseer. Whatever the Vyper setup, he's only got enough points left over to either have 1 power and RoWitnessing or 2 Powers and withought Spirit Stones whats the point in 2? Also with the Vypers I was thinking of keeping them as 2 seperate units rater than squadding them to give myself a little more flexability, thus guide is kinda out of the window.

Hows this for an alternative?

HQ

Farseer - Jetbike, Singing spear, Fortune - 118pts

Troops

3 Guardian Jetbikes + Warlock - 1 Shuriken Cannon, Destructor - 131 pts

Fast Attk

Vyper - EML - 65pts

Vyper - EML - 65pts

Total 499

That way I can run a 'mini' seer council unit.

My 1500 point expansion plans are to try and make 2 lists out of 1.

For a laugh I was going to make a cheesy 2 Seer council list ((1Seer+9locks)x2) but only model the warlocks differently (and removable) so I can also use all the jetbikes for a 'standard' siam-han list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts