Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been in love with AdMech and now i can finally play 40k with them. This is a first list which i hope to increase in the future, hopefully with some cult mech allies.

Vanguard x10 (alpha - refractor field) - 2 plasma calivers, omnispex - 175
Rangers - 75
Rangers - 75

Balistarii - lascannon - 75
Dunecrawler - neutron laser + stubber, smoke launchers - 120

500 points.

As you can see i've gone for a range focussed list as i believe thats where the AdMech's strength lies. I'm a bit worried about the isolated balistarii with no save and was thinking of using a dragoon with jezzail for that 5+ in smaller point games?

Any help is greatly appreciated as always :)

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hey mate, great to see the list.

I agree range is the strength of the Admech unless you go very heavy on assassins, and your list seems to play well to that.

I feel that the rangers really want to be engaging at their maximum range, from cover. The Vanguard are the ones who can get down and dirty, which your refractor field and plasma aught to help.

I'm not sold on the Balistarii - as a guard player, I'm well used to seeing my sentinels get owned by whatever is within sneezing distance time and again. With three, things are usually ok, but Balistari are expensive and have a low shot output. Whilst I haven't playtested them, I think I personally would shelve it in favour of more infantry until I can bring them in threes, fours or sixes.

The Dunecrawler is awesome and I would want to field it even if it sucked, but fortunately for us it is an alright all rounder tank that can handle itself just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts