Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some friends got me into warhammer a few months back, and no one I know plays a daemon army. They wanted someone to practice against and thought they would be pretty newbie friendly. Anyway have been playing a few 1000 pt games, but stole a big lot off of ebay and have enough for bigger games now. Anyway, will probably be playing TK and HE later this week and wanted to see what some more experienced players thought.

Great Unclean One
Level 3
Balesword
Noxious Vapors

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaut
Firestorm Blade

Herald of Nurgle
Level 1
Slime Trail
BSB - Banner of Unholy Victory

Skulltaker
Juggernaut

14 x Plaguebearers
Full Command
Standard of Seeping Decay

20 x Bloodletters
Full Command
Icon of Endless War

6 x Horrors

5 x Furies

5 x Flesh Hounds

3 x Bloodcrushers
Full Command
Icon of Endless War

4 x Flamers

I didn't want to go too heavy on hounds or flamers, but what changes would you guys make?

And what does putting the herald of nurgle on a palanquin do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok one of the guys i was going to play just got an ogre army in and wants to try them out...so scratch the TK and HE

·
Registered
885 Posts
HoN should be on the palanquin and have the gift that makes all models in contact strike last. The banner is not the best. Either Sundering or Stubborn banners are better. Stubborn can be crucial if you lose a battle on combat res due to the ability to re-roll and be stubborn. It will save a unit from crumbling a lot of the time.

Bloodcrushers are too expensive even though they are good. You are better off with fiends of slaanesh or boosting the numbers of other units (more flamers, another unit of fleshhounds).

6 Horrors is too few. You really need at least 10 to ensure they survive shooting and magic at least a couple of turns.

Many places and tourneys do not allow special characters. Replacing Skulltaker with a herald of Tzeentch with the horrors unit boosted will help with magic defense, boost the ward save for the horrors and improve casting.

One idea is to run 7, instead of 5 furies. It may seem strange but it will help the furies survive a battle with harpies and/or survive a round of shooting take out war machines. They are critical for taking out the enemy shooting. It is not unreasonable to even run two units of furies with shooting being common to a number of popular armies (such as skinks in LM, RBTs in DE, skaven warp lightning cannon).

The HoK seems a bit bare. Use gifts to boost AS. Firestorm blade is a popular and effective item, especially if faced with regen units and monsters such as a dark elf hydra or a hell-pit abomination in skaven.

I kind of like the GUO. Most prefer Bloodthirsters or Lord of Change but both can get shot up by high elf and dark elf repeating bold throwers and cannons (empire and dwarves). GUO has some advantages if you use the gifts wisely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts