1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first list

1500pts witch hunter’s list

HQ
Inquisitor, storm bolter, sage, two familiars, purgatus, his will be done, word of the emperor. - 117pts

Elites
3 Arco-flagellants

Troops
4 times sister squads
Veteran superior, nine battle sisters, frags, rhino. – 187(748) pts

Fast Attack
2 times seraphim squads
Sister superior, four seraphims, priest 150 (300) pts

Heavy support

2 times Penitent engines 80(160) pts

Orbital strike (lance strike) 70 pts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Loose the Arco-Flagelants - worthless, worse than worthless in fact.

Same goes for Penitent Engines.

Since you have no Arco-Flagelants or Penitent Engines, loose the Priests. (Incidentally, Priests attached to Seraphim squads? What were they going to do, run behind shouting 'wait for me' while the Seraphim fly off?)

Loose the Orbital Strike.

None of the above units are worth the paper they're printed on (Including Priests).

Now give your Battle Sister Squads a Heavy Flamer, Meltagun and Combi-Flamer each (Loose the frag grenades).

Give your Seraphim 2x dual Hand Flamers.

Strongly consider scraping up the points for an Exorcist or two.

That about does it.

The witch Hunters codex contains a dispiriting number of lavishly terrible units.

Arco-Flagelants, Repentia, Penitent Engines, Priests, Orbital Strikes, Death-cultists you-name-it. Bad bad bad.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't realise they were that bad.

i just thought penitent engines were cool, i had spare points and no more choices except elites left so i chose arco-flagallents.

I 'm not sure why the preists were there.

thanks for the advice:)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The freak show units are cool. I wish I could use them - we all do...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I disagree... to a point. Depending on what type of game and what army you are playing against, a PE and the AF can be very useful. It takes a bit to learn the best way to get them into close combat, but when you do, th AF can tie up an entire squad with just 3 models, allowing for others to make their way unmolested. And if the dice roll in your favor they can be quite destructive in combat.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Arco-Flagellents need to be taken in a large squad to become useful (somewhat useful), same things with Penitent engine. If you want to take a priest, buy a celestian squad and give him and the superior both Eviscerators. So then your hitting on 3+ and re-rolling misses when you charge.

For the Inquisitor instead of giving him a storm bolter, give him the scourging. It's strenght 5 and assault D6. Meaning you will be getting more shots with it and wounding far easier. Also you shouldn't be in close combat with the Inquisitor so get rid of His will be done.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've recently been running Penitence Engines in 1500 and found that they'll either tear your opponent a new glory hole or die horribly at amassed lascannon or rocket fire. Either way, they've proven useful (in the latter case for distracting heavy support while my Rhinos full of Sisters get into good firing positions). I agree with Necrosis on running a priest with Celestians, just don't forget to pack a couple Melta-Bombs (just in case you get tied up with a walker).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I've seen people before who claim that Penitent Engines are good for distracting the enemy. I believe that they would distract the enemy, but that doesn't make them good.

80 points for a distraction that won't last past turn one - or 260 points for a distraction that won't last past turn 2 is a joke. For that price you could have a whole 'nother Rhino full of sisters AND 50 points left over - and if that Rhino gets splated on turn two, well, that's all the Penitent Engines were going to do, so you're still 50 points up on the deal - probably with half a dozen Sisters surviving the wreck to boot.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
this is my first list

1500pts witch hunter’s list

HQ
Inquisitor, storm bolter, sage, two familiars, purgatus, his will be done, word of the emperor. - 117pts

l find a Canoness works so much better every time
Elites
3 Arco-flagellants
Drop them for more SoB

Troops
4 times sister squads
Veteran superior, nine battle sisters, frags, rhino. – 187(748) pts
These squads need flamers or melta (lose frags)

Fast Attack
2 times seraphim squads
Sister superior, four seraphims, priest 150 (300) pts

agien flamers or melta l like having them 7 or more but up to you
Heavy support

2 times Penitent engines 80(160) pts

Orbital strike (lance strike) 70 pts
Drop of a Exorcist which is better in every way

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Has anyone even looked into actually buying Penitent Engines!!?? Seriously... 3 of them is over 100 dollars. Also, consider that for their price in points you could, in another army, have a Land Raider... is that really the kind of handicap you want to be running? For the same money you could buy 2 land raiders and start a little Grey Knight army...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts