Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Keep the Dark Lances, as Raiders are easy as hell to kill (My Orks took one out with a Big Shoota), plus there's a lot of heavy armour out there. Personally I've often thought of the Dark Eldar as relying upon a combination of speed, manuverability and firepower, with each playing a certain part in orcheastrating victory.

Here's what I'd run in a 1500pt list, based more on observations of a friend's army than actual experience, so by no means accurate:

HQ: Archon on Reaver Jetbike, Agoniser, Close Combat Weapon, Combat Drugs, Hell Mask, Haywire Greandes, Plasma Grenades, Trophy Rack, Tormentor Helm – 142 points.

Troops: Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite with Agoniser, Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, Blaster & Dark Lance – 189 points.

Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite with Agoniser, Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, 2 Dark Lances – 189 points.

Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite with Agoniser, Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, 2 Dark Lances – 189 points.

Fast Attack: Reaver squad, five Reavers, Succubus, Blaster – 176 points.

Reaver squad, five Reavers, Succubus, Blaster – 176 points.

Heavy Support: Ravager, one disintegrator – 110 points.

Ravager, one disintegrator – 110 points.

Army Total: 1’493 points.

You've got numbers, speed, lots of Dark Lances, and Reavers to outflank with (plus they're great models). With Dark Eldar you'll need to take out a lot of the enemy before thinking about combat, hence the disintegrators. With my friend this is his biggest weakness, a tendency to be a little to aggressive, which since I'm using Orks, isn't something I mind.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts