Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first army, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chaos Terminator Lord - 120pt

5 Terminators, one w/ powerfist, one w/ reaper autocannon, one w/ combi flame - 190pts

15 Chaos Space Marnies - one w/ meltagun, one w/ mark of nurgle, AC w/ twin linked bolter - 305pts

8 Khorne Berserkers - Skull Champion w/ power weapon - 198pts

5 Possessed CSM - 130pts

Chaos Defliler - 150pts

2 Obliterators - 150pts

5 Havoc Marines - 2 w/ missile launchers, one heavy bolter - 130pts

Chaos Dreadnought - w/ extra armor, twin autocannon - 125pts

Total points - 1498

Total Models - 43

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Chaos Terminator Lord - 120pt
A Chaos Lord generally performs better when given a jump pack. Terminator armor makes him very slow with no way of reaching close combat easily (as enemy models can just walk backward to avoid him). I'd drop the Terminator armor and give him a jump pack and a Daemon Weapon or Lightning Claws.

5 Terminators, one w/ powerfist, one w/ reaper autocannon, one w/ combi flame - 190pts
Not bad, but I strongly suggest you drop the reaper autocannon. They're expensive and really don't do that much damage. Replace it with a heavy flamer and you'll save a lot of points.

15 Chaos Space Marnies - one w/ meltagun, one w/ mark of nurgle, AC w/ twin linked bolter - 305pts
Consider picking up a second special weapon (preferably another meltagun). The Aspiring Champion would do really well to have a power fist as well.

8 Khorne Berserkers - Skull Champion w/ power weapon - 198pts
Nice though a Rhino may help a little.

5 Possessed CSM - 130pts
Good.

Chaos Defliler - 150pts
Nice.

2 Obliterators - 150pts
Not bad.

5 Havoc Marines - 2 w/ missile launchers, one heavy bolter - 130pts
Decent config. Generally people will take 8 man units with 4 missile launchers.

Chaos Dreadnought - w/ extra armor, twin autocannon - 125pts
Eeek, drop this guy. There's really no reason to take an expensive model that'll probably end up shooting your own models at some point.

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i agree with katie alot here, i rekon by dropping the dreadanought you should add a rhino and bump up the possessed squad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i agree with katie alot here, i rekon by dropping the dreadanought you should add a rhino and bump up the possessed squad.
Possessed are no longer worth their points IMHO.
You're better off taking a squad of berserkers in a rhino instead.
I despise chance. The less things you leave up to a die roll in 40k and the more dice that you throw overall will give Lady Luck a solid right hook! :good:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Naked termi lord?? ...
berzerkers should almost always have a rhino
dreadnoughts suk
possessed are too random for me but w/e floats ur boat
also the 15 man squad seemed random to me
thats about it
oh and i love obliterators so deff keep them :]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts